Notices

made the call

Old 06-14-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

made the call

Hi everyone. Well, in my previous post I wrote about how it's hard for me because in order for me to get alcohol all I have to do is call my husband who is a manager at a liquor store. Well, tonight after a HORRIBLE day, I made that call. He brought home a traveler of whiskey for me after lecturing me (which I deserve!) Anyway, I've been putting off drinking...the battle is strong in my head right now. I'm staring at the bottle but have yet to have a drink. I feel so much anxiety because I know I shouldn't yet I haven't felt this kind of craving in awhile.

Just wondering if anyone out there can give me some reminders. Logically, I am running through them all but the addiction part is pretty strong right now. Anything you have that could help me would be great.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

read your anne frank quote.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ok, you had a horrible day.

How is pouring alcohol on it going to change anything that already happened?
Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Best After Date:June 12, 2011

I'm VERY new here and only on day 3. But, what I constantly think that helps is that if I have that drink, I am just giving in to the one thing that I am trying to fight so that I DON'T feel this way anymore. I don't want to feel the shame of having that drink and how crappy I will feel about myself tomorrow either, emotionally and physically. Giving in to that drink is WHY you will feel worse tomorrow, you will be feeding the addiction. NOT giving in to it is the reason tomorrow will be so much of a better day because you will feel proud, your addiction will be that much closer to being dead so you won't HAVE TO feel this way any more. To me, I look at it like a war. The booze wants to ruin my life, my health, my relationships and my mind. I want those things back and I f'in hate booze for that. I'm gonna kick captain morgans ass and make him my bitch. That's how I look at it anyway. Just hope day 4 and beyond are the same.

Man I am getting sappy since trying to quit. Good luck.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Throw away the bottle.

The "horrible" feeling will pass IF you don't drink. As soon as you take in any alcohol you are only feeding the addiction and making it stronger.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Toss the bottle.....pray for peace...get some dinner...take a bubble bath
Go for a walk....you will feel better about your self....
Old 06-14-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Saphira - you have a lot of posts here to look back on to help convince you this is a bad idea.

You had a bad day - you can tip out the booze and go to bed sober and wake up with a fresh slate tomorrow...or you can ensure yourself another bad day tomorrow at least...maybe a few days more.

The choice is yours.
The way out of the mess is to start making different choices y'know?

I'd stop making those calls too

D
Old 06-14-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by saphira View Post
Hi everyone. Well, in my previous post I wrote about how it's hard for me because in order for me to get alcohol all I have to do is call my husband who is a manager at a liquor store. Well, tonight after a HORRIBLE day, I made that call. He brought home a traveler of whiskey for me after lecturing me (which I deserve!) Anyway, I've been putting off drinking...the battle is strong in my head right now. I'm staring at the bottle but have yet to have a drink. I feel so much anxiety because I know I shouldn't yet I haven't felt this kind of craving in awhile.

Just wondering if anyone out there can give me some reminders. Logically, I am running through them all but the addiction part is pretty strong right now. Anything you have that could help me would be great.
Those who try to drown their sorrows soon learn that sorrow can swim.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get rid of the alcohol and find another way to help you feel better.

You can get through this!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Try to get past what you THINK it will do for you, and remember what it WILL do TO you.

Chuck that bottle out! IT LIES!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks so much! Just what I needed to hear. Funny how a person without a problem with alcohol (aka: my husband) can say pretty much the same thing and it doesn't have an affect like it does when people who've been there say it. Anyway, my husband took care of the bottle for me-- I think he gave it to his brother when he stopped by. So I don't have to worry about that particular bottle anymore. Wish I could say I felt great about this, but right now I just feel sad. I'm sure I'll be thanking myself (and you all!) tomorrow, but right now it's hard.
Thanks for being there for me.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good for you

I had a pretty horrible day too, but am really glad you passed by the temptation. I know you will feel much better tomorrow morning when you wake up! Anyway, I'd say do something nice for yourself. . .take a good book to bed, hot bath, a few spoonfuls of some good ice cream :-)
Old 06-14-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

You get stronger with each success.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

There's no situation in life so bad that having a drink won't make it worse.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
part time member

There's no situation in life so bad that having a drink won't make it worse.
How true...

saphira....glad to see that you didn't give in...tomorrow will be easier..
:ghug3
Old 06-15-2011, 01:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
instant

Saphira
I am glad you made it through. You have shown me it can be done when severely tempted. If I am in that situation in the future. I hope I will be able to tell myself to put the decisions off till tomorrow............we'll see. If the other helpful suggestions don't help.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Great job coming here for help! I'm so glad you didn't drink!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Great job Saphira. Your an inspiration. Hugs!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I realize that I don't know you but I am still proud of you! Your success is inspirational to me.

This may sound totally silly but I'm throwing it out there anyway just incase it may help someone else like it does me. Eating usually eliminates my craving for alcohol. I'm not suggesting that we try to replace an alcohol problem with an eating problem but even simply having an early supper often knocked out an alcohol urge for me. Pouring a bunch of wiskey, beer, or vodka over a full belly of healthy food just never sounded appealing to me.

I may be stepping out of bounds with this next suggestion but please consider asking your husband to not accommodate your next request in a moment of weakness. He can simply say "NO" if you get in that situation again. I know we can all get alcohol whenever we want to but let's slam as many doors as possible and make it as hard as possible.

I hope you don't find any of this offensive. I truly wish you all the best on your journey.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Great job, Saphira!