Notices

Newcomer sober 1 day

Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer sober 1 day

Hello,folks. Iam an oxycodone adict and am 1 day into the rest of my life. I found this site in the interweb and figured I'd try it. I am going through hell and could use a little advice. I was using 300-450 mgs of oxy a day for about a year and woke up and said stop the world, I want to get off. I'm from Florida and flew out to my buddies house in the mountains of Colorado. No way to get anything out here and i can't cheat. Life is HELL right now, but I will get through it. Any words of encouragment or advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Ian
Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Harley. I don't know anything about oxycodone except it makes lives miserable -as alcohol did mine. Glad you took a leap and are trying to get off the ride.
And I hear Colorado is beautiful this time if year.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, emerald. I am new her, wher should I be posting for advice/encouragement. I will get on here at least once a day to keep a running log of my personal hell and what helps me..
Old 04-04-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

U taking anything to help withdrawals? Suboxone, methadone?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Harley - you'll find lots of support both here and in our section for substance abuse as well:Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

So sorry things are tough right now, but it great that you've decided to get your life back. Addiction is a rough way to live, for sure.....
Old 04-04-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

no suboxone, no methadone, just amodium AD and a puke bucket. I would love to have some suboxone, but I am 2500 miles from home and don't know how to get it. I talked to a couple of my friends before I came out here and they got clean with suboxone and said it worked wonders. I am stuck like Chuck. Let me tell you, I feel like I am having heart issues and I talked to my Dad, in 3 weeks when I am done here, I am flying myself to Dallas to go see his cardiologist because heart issues run in my family. I probably have tachiacardia or arythmia and this is making it much worse. Gotta go to the bathroom, be back in 15.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

They probably have clinics, mathadone clinics that are low-cost or free...suboxone is usually prescribed by addictions doctor, but any ER could get you hooked up, I'm sure.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome, Harley. I had a very similar oxy habit. You don't need methadone or suboxone. The withdrawals are no fun, but they won't kill you. Since you are in the mountains of Colorado with no commitments, just do this now cold turkey. Believe me, I know all you want right now is some relief, but introducing strong opiates to your body would not be in your bests interests. You'll be happy you sucked it up later.

What are your plans for after detox? Will you be entering some sort of treatment?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

No plans for a recovery program. After 3 weeks here, I go home and pick up the pieces and get on with life. NO talking to old friends and concentrating on re-establishing a conection with my wife and re-enrolling in College. Have one degree, now giong for another and then my masters in math. I have a good support system at home, just felt I should get away from it all for a while to sweat it out.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Quick question. Why is it that when Iturn my eyes to the right or left my equilibrium goes to hell? I am getting tired of wiping out and picking muself off the floor and grabing the walls to keep me upright. Thanks for the support guys. Tommorow is day 2 and I will be one step closer.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

anybody there? almost 2 days in. RLS is a mofo, no sleep sucks creepy crawly feeling is crappy.Let's see what else did I miss. OH YEAH that's right, I don't give a crap how lousy this is. I am going to beat it. I ride at least 10,00 miles a year rain, shine, cold and 100 dgree heat on my Harley with some of the roughest SOB club members out there out there and I can take it NO MATTER WHAT! I refuse to let this beat me!
God bless you all for your suport and I wish anyone going through this all the best.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ian

Welcome to SR. I'm afraid I have no experience with Oxys.

Personally I think the wisest course of action would be to see a Dr if you're concerned, or if you want specific medical advice - we're simply a peer support group here, not a medical board of any kind

D
Old 04-05-2011, 01:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Harley, I Have no experience with this particular addiction, mine was wine. But I am a few months free and it is the best thing I have ever done. Keep it up, sounds like you are very determined, lots of people here for support, sometimes due to timezones it goes a little quiet. I am in Australia. Thinking of you and sending you lots of support.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Let's see, its 4:00 A.M here and guess what I'm not doing.SLEEPING!. Ah,but this too shall pass. I'm not too concerned with seeing a doc yet. I want to go in clean,sober and with a level head. I am surprised at how much easier it is this time. I got hooked 9 years ago for a year and it was hell getting of, but much easier this time so far. Not that it is a bed of roses. I have to b e honest, riding my bike with my brothers is gonna have to be cut off for quite a while when I get back. Nothing like riding with 50 brothers at breakneck speeds down the highway.
I hope everyone is doing as best that they can right now.
Bones
Old 04-05-2011, 04:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I remember laying awake at 4am and sometimes still do, I have no experience with Oxys but I had a meth issue for a few years, then alcohol took my life over. I ride Harleys too and know that bikes and drugs/alcohol don't have to be part of it.

Your doing great, stick it out like a bad ride home, youll get there...
Old 04-05-2011, 05:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Harley, this is just a personal opinion. Do you self a favor, finish this cold turkey. A few mores days and it'll be much more bearable. Suboxone and methadone are both just as if not more addictive. Cold turkey always worked best for me. It sucks but it's the only way to become completely free from the chains that bond you. Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I don't have any experience with oxy withdrawal/recovery, but I wanted to welcome you to our recovery community.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome, this group will help you.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome, theres lots of good info on here.