Notices

Newcomer sober 1 day

Old 04-10-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

HB, Reading your posts inspired me to join. Hope all is going well.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Well, Last night sucked. Didn't fall asleep till 6 a.m. legs kicking, stomach turning. Slept from 6-10 a.m. Took a shower to wake up. Stomach kicked until about 1 like DT's. Cleared up and went up to the mountains to shoot at the base of Pikes Peak. Storm coming in and can't even see the peak anymore. Got the hell outta there before I got caught in the snowstorm. What is it now 8 days? Life is beggining to get GOOD!!!! I went and got a haircut!!!!! No more long haired b iker. Now I'm a shorthaired biker!!! Haven't had a haircut in at least 2 years. Look and feel like a million bucks. It's all downhill from here. SOber is GREAT!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

This is the worst of it. I'm a recovering opiate addict and I remember feeling like that.

It does get better.

Keep posting.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Monday morning. Feeling good. Slept from 12:00 to 6:30 this morning. Refreshed and ready for the day. I think the bad stuff is pretty well done. Feel like anew man. My wife is gonna **** when I get home. She won't recognize me with my haircut short. Hell I don't even recognize me. Every time I pass a mirror, I stop and look. Is that me? with short hair? Clean and bright eyed? Hell yes!!! CLean AND cleaned up. Can't wait to get home and blast down the back roads on my bikes, but I'm enjoying my time here in Colorado. Hiking in the mountains, shooting in the forest, watching all the critters. Mule deer, Elk, Foxes, Jackrabbits are EVERYWHERE. Life is so GOOD right now.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Oops, spoke too soon. Since about noon, legs going crazy, stomach flip flopping, can't sit still yet can't get off the couch. WTF? Oh well, this too shall pass.
8 days, 16 hrs, 16 mins. And yes I'm counting for now.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Well, here's a little update. It's been a little over 4 weeks now. My brain is still mush, I sleep a little better, but not much, still no energy. I have to force myself to go do stuff STILL. I came back home last Saturday and am still pill free, But good God I just want to feel normal again. Is that too much to ask for? Gah, I guess it'll get better with time. I do have a good day here and there where I can get off my dead butt and accomplish things, but the bad days still outweigh the good by a big margin. This is what I get for poisoning myself with opiates. I'm a smart fellow, huh?
EVerybody hang in there, if I can give it up,ya'll can too. At least I have my bikes to go ride now when I feel up to it.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your month HB

D
Old 05-03-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee, it's been a hard fought month and I'm not out of the woods yet, but better. Still wish I was back to normal though. I guess it'll come in time.