Making Progress

Old 03-06-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Making Progress

Taking little baby steps is all I seem to be able to do right now. I keep reading everything on here and find it all a little overwhelming.
This morning I think something happened to encourage me.I have been detaching for over a week now and not reacting to his quacking (I love that term) anyway to make a short story,he looked at me this am and said "what have you got up your sleeve)? Sounds like its working.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HaHa.
Good for you! It's starting to show that you are living your life and focusing on YOU!
That comment was perfect. In his head he's probably like 'wait, you're not giving me all your attention."
Baby steps in the right direction.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One day at a time (and when I am stressed, one breath at a time) is all I can do. But that gets me through the day.

Hugs,
peace
Old 03-06-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by selman2 View Post
Taking little baby steps is all I seem to be able to do right now. I keep reading everything on here and find it all a little overwhelming.

I could have written the same thing this morning. I keep reading and reading and man do I feel overwhelmed right now. While the knowledge is great, it is also making me feel angry with myself for decisions I have made recently. I guess I should look forward and not back. * Taking a deep breath.* I'd love to rewind my life because I would have made a different choice in who I married. Since I can't do that I'm trying to make my life the best I can.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alone, thats exactly how I feel. I was thinking all week like I was on a never ending highway with all these exits.One exit was dignity,one was self love,on and on.You get the point and it was like I kept passing the exits saying I'll get off the next exit and I just felt smothered.This morning a light bulb went off.Today I am thinking that I cannot get off all the exits at the same time.I have to get off one and get back on the highway to tackle another. Hope that makes sense.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Selman-that makes perfect sense. Conquering it all is overwhelming. One exit at a time! Thanks for that great analogy. I find I do so so much better when I have a visual to help me grasp a concept.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Ryan. To me it is rocket science.I'm not sure I even know what dignity is. I will be 53 soon and have lifed in an alcoholic household all my life. About two weeks ago I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a man who didn't take care if himself.Slept all the time ,didn't bathe. I know its gross but true all the same.It was then I decided enough is enough.Thats when I found this forum which I feel has actually saved my life. To be able to detach for a week to me is huge. Dignity and all the other stuff will have to wait and fall in place accordingly.I don't want to take 2 steps forward and 5 back.