Can you all think this through with me?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can you all think this through with me?

This week-end, I find my father, visibly upset, sitting in front of his computer. XAH had emailed him again, using a different email to get around the blocks that we all set up. I once again showed my father how to block this new email, gave him a hug, and told him not to worry too much...

Of course, I had a migraine and couldn't sleep for two days afterwards; I guess I can't follow my own advice very well.

I don't know what I'm posting this for...perhaps to get a different take than my own.

"(As always this is being sent to all of you, so that DD will one day know all who did not let her know her father)

Hi NoDay,

I have'nt written in a while because I wanted the whole child support thing to be completed. I would have paid sooner, but you didn't bother to tell me that the judgement had been made and that I should be paying. Now that I know, I've goten the statement back from the government, so I know that you know that not only am I cooperating, but I've arranged to pay the back payments which you didn't tell me were building.

I am cooperating as I said I would, you know that now.

Whatever hurt you are feeling, all I can ask is that you don't let your daughter pay the consequences. She deserves to know her father. I have done everything you asked, including allow you to obtain full custody by not even showing up to court. I don't want a battle that will harm DD. You said that you would not keep me from her if I did what you said. Please keep your word.

FYI: You declared DSS on your taxes as a dependant, that makes you responsible for child support to him (doesnt matter who he lives with). As you are in a higher tax bracket than me, it would be you paying child support not me. (seriously, ask your lawyer about this). I haven't done it, and I'm not going to do it. I mention it only because I want you to see the extent to which I am cooperating. I just want to see my daughter.

XAH"

As usual, XAH finds a way to twist everything around to his unique worldview, and it makes me doubt my own sanity. He says he *let me* get custody, when in fact he didn't go to court because he was scared and lazy. He says he'll be paying me child support, when I know he'll find a way to weasel out of it, and he even makes a veiled threat saying *I* should be paying him support because I declared DSS on my income tax report--which I didn't! ARG! He's driving me insane! I wish I could reach across my screen and SHAKE HIM.

What's more, he's acting like he's oh-so rational and willing to compromise, nevermind the emailed threats 6 months ago saying he was going to tell everyone my "dirty secrets" and take DD away from me. If I was an outsider reading this, I'd think he was just a poor victimized father whose evil ex had taken his child from him....when I KNOW he's a manipulative liar and a thief, not to mention abusive, addicted, and violent to the point of plotting his own brother's murder.

I haven't posted this on another board where I'm very active because I know that I'll be told to give XAH "what is legally and rightfully his", i.e. visitation with DD, who is only 26 months old. I know I'm not supposed to do this, but I decided a while back that DD doesn't need XAH in his life...receiving emails like this makes me waver and most of all, feel frustrated.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what you are asking. What's to think through? <delete> doesn't require much thinking, does it? This email has less credibility than those "Bill Gates will pay you for forwarding this" emails. Just another annoying junk mail........

L
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just want to see my daughter.

really? talk to the judge, the courts, not me!

You declared DSS on your taxes as a dependant, that makes you responsible for child support to him (doesnt matter who he lives with).

Okay, this is just ridiculous. You would become responsible for his son, when both of the boys parents are alive? you know this is foolish noday!

She deserves to know her father

No, it is you, you foolish man who must earn his right and respect as a father, so far you have fallen way way short of the mark, for ALL of you children.

Now that I know, I've goten the statement back from the government, so I know that you know that not only am I cooperating, but I've arranged to pay the back payments which you didn't tell me were building.

:rotfxko

Oh this is rich. you know, that i know, you know what i know now. good god noday, he has no choice in this, and neither do you as i recall, it is his duty as a father to provide for his child as per the GOVERNMENT of your country. n'est pas? (just a guess)
what a hero, he is going to following the ruling of the court, and oh, you didnt tell him it was building. well, as judge judy says "children need to eat every day, not just when you can pay sir!"
LOL

This guy really is off his rocker noday. I picture him still, pulling his hair out, and steam coming out of his ears. His foolish attempts to look as if he is taking the higher ground are ludicrous. He has no choice here, he must pay.
Visitation has been decided by the court. He can deal with them.
It is out of your hands.
And how dare that lowlife bother your father with this crap.
I wish I could throttle him myself.
Damn.
I hate bullies.

Beth
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'd think he was just a poor victimized father whose evil ex had taken his child from him....when I KNOW he's a manipulative liar and a thief, not to mention abusive, addicted, and violent to the point of plotting his own brother's murder.

Zaaaaaaaackley! So don't doubt yourself - don't minimize what YOU know to be true!

receiving emails like this makes me waver and most of all, feel frustrated.

Naturally. Which is why you continually block him, and that is a good thing and requires a lot of strength. It might be superhuman strength you need to just delete his tricky workarounds without reading them - but you might find less disruption in your serenity if you just delete w/o reading anything you know to be from him that doesn't come through whatever channels you have deemed acceptable for communication. Or are you 100% NC?

More will be revealed......

Peace & (((hugs)))
B
Old 09-27-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

here's another point of view......

kids need both parents in their lives.

if one parent isn't sober then that parent should be supervised while around the kids, NOT kept out of their lives.

just because one parent doesn't like the past behavior of the other doesn't give them the right to refuse to let the child have contact.

if there is a legal reason to refuse contact then the court needs to be made aware of the reason and orders issued.

otherwise both parents need to set aside their differences and do right by the kids...

if one parent has documented alcoholism in their past then the court is generally quite comfortable ordering breathalizer testing prior to exchanging the child...

when kids are involved their rights MUST be placed above either parents.

(posted from a fathers perspective)
Old 09-27-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I kinda wish you hadn't read it.

He knows he can go through the courts if he really feels like there's a legal argument he wishes to make around custody or support. Except going to court would mean getting his act together and making an effort to do something constructive! How tiresome! Way more easy and fun to just harass you and your family.

Oh, and you said: If I was an outsider reading this, I'd think he was just a poor victimized father whose evil ex had taken his child from him

Ah no. I can tell you: I'm an "outsider reading this" insofar as this is the first I've read about your ex. And oh man you didn't even have to tell me he's a manipulative creep. The creepiness just OOZES out of every word. (Shudder)

I hope you're okay.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The creepiness just OOZES out of every word. (Shudder)
Yes, it does.
bleck.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hurtandangry View Post

Because I'm sure that's never occured to her.

I don't know the history of the whole case and I don't need to. If he really wished to apply for changes in custody or access, changes in support arrangements, what have you, there are legal systems in place for him to do so. He petitions family court, he fills out forms. It's not rocket science. There's no excuse for harassing his ex and her family.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree cynical. Just because they are sober at 9 am when they exchange the children does not mean they will be sober at 6pm when driving them home. Children have the right to be protected and have their well being put first and foremost. If the parent is actively drinking and putting the child(ren) at risk, they have no rights. my opinion.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

if one parent isn't sober then that parent should be supervised while around the kids, NOT kept out of their lives.

just because one parent doesn't like the past behavior of the other doesn't give them the right to refuse to let the child have contact.

if there is a legal reason to refuse contact then the court needs to be made aware of the reason and orders issued.

otherwise both parents need to set aside their differences and do right by the kids...

if one parent has documented alcoholism in their past then the court is generally quite comfortable ordering breathalizer testing prior to exchanging the child...

While I agree with you in principle, I don't agree in this particular case. For one, noday had actually offered him visitation, under her terms and he refused. For another, this man is all bluster and no action. He could see his daughter if he wanted, but all he really wants is to harass his ex-wife.

BTW, there is an easy way to read prior posts of a particular person. Click on their avatar, go to profile, statistics, and choose all posts started by <user>. If you read the history of noday's ex, you will better understand where we are all coming from.

L
Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

See, this sort of thing is what makes me hesitate (and makes me bang my head on my desk).

And yet, hurtandangry, I HAD set our differences aside. I continued to facilitate visitation right up until I was granted sole custody, out of default, because XAH never showed up in court. After that, I was going to continue letting DD see her father the recommended 3.5 hrs a week--or more!, because I knew she enjoyed her time there (well, I knew she enjoyed seeing her older brother). But once a question of safety came up--i.e. XAH refused to let me see the inside of his new apartment and refused to let me know who he was living with (at last news he was living with another alkie friend from work), I put my foot down and kindly requested that he get his **** together. This isn't a question of control, it's a question of safe parenting...I needed to know that I'd be sending DD to a safe place. My daughter is 2; she cannot speak up for herself if there is danger.

The reasons for which I do not want this man in my daughter's life are as follows:
  • He has lost custody of 3 out of 4 kids (abandoned the first to run away to Canada, threatened to kill the mother of the 3rd, didn't show up in court for the 4th), and bullied the mother of the 2nd son he had into giving him whatever he wanted. At the ripe age of 13, this son told his father to f. off and went to live with his mother full-time.
  • He has a criminal record for embezzlement and violated his parole (never repaid restitution) by running away to Canada.
  • He has stolen repeatedly from every single member of his family and all his babymamas, including me.
  • He is verbally and emotionally abusive, especially towards women
  • He is an alcoholic, a sleeping pill addict and a sometime cocaine user/seller
  • He self-mutilates whenever the going gets tough
  • He keep knives and guns in his place of residence and likes to use them to threaten people he dislikes
  • He regularly talks about killing his brother and any other person who dares disrespect him, (he planned to stash his brother's body in a house he was renovating)
  • He believes he and his children are SUPERIOR being, super-human if you like, with advanced healing and ESP, and that the rest of humanity aren't worthy of his time or respect
and finally...
he firmly believes that in a certain number of year, the Apocalypse will occur and that his 2nd son will be the New Messiah leading what's left of humanity into a new era, with our daughter, my 2 year old DD at his side, as his trusted advisor.

What proof is there of all this? Scattered papertrail here and there. Confidances by his mother, sibblings and previous partners. The law won't interfere until he actually hurts my child...in the meantime, she'd grow up with a mentally unstable father.

Now do you see why I don't want him near my baby?
Old 09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

And if he really wanted to see his daughter, and if he really felt as if there'd been some miscarriage of justice, he would put on his big-boy pants and go through the proper channels.

I hope you're doing okay.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by akrasia View Post
Because I'm sure that's never occured to her.

I don't know the history of the whole case and I don't need to. If he really wished to apply for changes in custody or access, changes in support arrangements, what have you, there are legal systems in place for him to do so. He petitions family court, he fills out forms. It's not rocket science. There's no excuse for harassing his ex and her family.

i agree 100% that "there's no excuse for harassing his ex and her family"...

i also agree that the court will set access.........

what i read, and i could be wrong, is that one parent has decided unilaterally to keep the other parent from having access to the child.

if there is cause to withhold access then by all means have an order issued, if there is fear for the child's safety then by all means withhold that instance of visitation and document the reason for withholding visitation with the appropriate authorities and move the court to institute supervised visitation.

the reason i spoke up is NOT to defend an active alcoholic, but because i have dealt with a parent who exhibits all the tendencies of a hostile, aggressive parent and i sincerely don't wish to have any other child go through what mine has.... i`m a sober hardworking father who has to deal with a vindictive ex that tries to manipulate a child....

i don't know either noday or her ex, but the only point i'm trying to make is that i don't believe it's right to withhold visitation because of something that was "said" 6 months ago.....if the ex is misbehaving now then whatever orders are in place should be amended. i'm sure there are fathers out there who place drinking or doping above their kids welfare....i just don't know any.

also i didn't read where the court ordered "standard visitation" or not?

if no visitation was ordered then by all means noday is well within her rights to refuse contact.....

here in the sticks "standard visitation" includes a "no drinking, no doping" clause and if either parent is suspected of misbehavior the other should call them to task and protect the child.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
See, this sort of thing is what makes me hesitate (and makes me bang my head on my desk).

And yet, hurtandangry, I HAD set our differences aside. I continued to facilitate visitation right up until I was granted sole custody, out of default, because XAH never showed up in court. After that, I was going to continue letting DD see her father the recommended 3.5 hrs a week--or more!, because I knew she enjoyed her time there (well, I knew she enjoyed seeing her older brother). But once a question of safety came up--i.e. XAH refused to let me see the inside of his new apartment and refused to let me know who he was living with (at last news he was living with another alkie friend from work), I put my foot down and kindly requested that he get his **** together. This isn't a question of control, it's a question of safe parenting...I needed to know that I'd be sending DD to a safe place. My daughter is 2; she cannot speak up for herself if there is danger.

The reasons for which I do not want this man in my daughter's life are as follows:
  • He has lost custody of 3 out of 4 kids (abandoned the first to run away to Canada, threatened to kill the mother of the 3rd, didn't show up in court for the 4th), and bullied the mother of the 2nd son he had into giving him whatever he wanted. At the ripe age of 13, this son told his father to f. off and went to live with his mother full-time.
  • He has a criminal record for embezzlement and violated his parole (never repaid restitution) by running away to Canada.
  • He has stolen repeatedly from every single member of his family and all his babymamas, including me.
  • He is verbally and emotionally abusive, especially towards women
  • He is an alcoholic, a sleeping pill addict and a sometime cocaine user/seller
  • He self-mutilates whenever the going gets tough
  • He keep knives and guns in his place of residence and likes to use them to threaten people he dislikes
  • He regularly talks about killing his brother and any other person who dares disrespect him, (he planned to stash his brother's body in a house he was renovating)
  • He believes he and his children are SUPERIOR being, super-human if you like, with advanced healing and ESP, and that the rest of humanity aren't worthy of his time or respect
and finally...
he firmly believes that in a certain number of year, the Apocalypse will occur and that his 2nd son will be the New Messiah leading what's left of humanity into a new era, with our daughter, my 2 year old DD at his side, as his trusted advisor.

What proof is there of all this? Scattered papertrail here and there. Confidances by his mother, sibblings and previous partners. The law won't interfere until he actually hurts my child...in the meantime, she'd grow up with a mentally unstable father.

Now do you see why I don't want him near my baby?

WOW!

so sorry noday.

i only read what you posted and had no idea of the history involved.

if you can't tell i'm kind of a fathers rights kind of guy.......BUT....my experience is with sane fathers who love and care for their kids.

go back to court and request supervised visitation.......chances are psyco-dad won't want any part of it.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Noday...I agree with those who suggest just deleting his emails, continuing to block any address from which he sends them and continuing to do what you are doing. Please don't give him the satisfaction of knowing that he is upsetting your or your father. The guy is a nutcase and the less contact any of you have with him, the better.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
While I agree with you in principle, I don't agree in this particular case. For one, noday had actually offered him visitation, under her terms and he refused. For another, this man is all bluster and no action. He could see his daughter if he wanted, but all he really wants is to harass his ex-wife.

BTW, there is an easy way to read prior posts of a particular person. Click on their avatar, go to profile, statistics, and choose all posts started by <user>. If you read the history of noday's ex, you will better understand where we are all coming from.

L
my appologies to you too La........i did not read the history involved only the post that started the thread.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

followed by my usual disclaimer: I am not an advocate for denying visitation to non-custodial parents. This troubled man's mother hopes that NoDay will continue to keep the grandchild away from the father.

NoDay,
that email demonstrates he is still trying to bully you.
It was never your job to update him on HIS child support case.

He knows how to get in touch with your attorney. Your attorney knows how to get in touch with you.

I'm confident the bully won't be calling your attorney or finding one of his own.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I kinda wish you hadn't read it.
Me too. But I have to keep tabs on him (as advised by my lawyer), in case he makes overt threats. Then I could move forward with a restraining order / no contact order.

I hope you're okay.
I'd like to say I am, but I'm not. I'm petrified that he'll suddenly pop up one day and take DD from me. I've been dealing with powerful migraines and an alternance of insomnia or nightmares. I'm on anti-depressants but I think I need to go back to counselling. I wish I was strong enough to just shrug these emails, but to be honest, I'm always shaken when I get them.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

WOW!

so sorry noday.

i only read what you posted and had no idea of the history involved.
Thanks for the apology. I know how this looks "from the outside", but my XAH isn't just a regular alcoholic/addict. He truly is a *special* case.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day View Post
Thanks for the apology. I know how this looks "from the outside", but my XAH isn't just a regular alcoholic/addict. He truly is a *special* case.
you're welcome (hangs head and shuts mouth)