what hell

Old 09-19-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what hell

Went to pick up AD from rehab. Car that we had picked up from the shop yesterday (1700 bucks) wasn't working after about an hour of driving..had to come back and switch cars. Took 4 hours to get where shoul've taken 2.5 hrs . Got her headed towards sle 3 hours away.. took 4 hrs as we got lost. Prteey sure AD had new rehab romanc guy (29 years old, she is 18) meet her in front of the sle last nite..house m other told him to leave. She is hell bound on seeing this guy. My hip hurts like it did the day after surgery. We spent so much money on a hotel, her groceries, rent, therapy, this weekend I feel sick to my stomach. I feel back addicted to her and her stuff like I am on crack. My daughter is my crack. Got home to dog crap all over up and downstairs. Tears in my eyes as I write this. Am totally losing it .Have no serentity or recovery right now.
Yes, the sle will have to deal with her.Yes, it is not my problem, Yes, I need to get to a meeting. I am ready to just give up right now. Feel like a salmon swimming upstream and am so damn tired....
Old 09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((hugs)))
i am so sorry about everything that happened to you. i don't know what to say except get some rest, and take care of yourself. i feel for you completely, and you are in my prayers tonight.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Awh I am sorry, weekend from hell!

Yes, time to turn your daughter over to her HP. You have done everthing you can.

Try and get some rest.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My RX?
A long bubble bath with soothing music and scented candles.
Into bed with snacks

Of course you are exhausted....
Prayers for your peace
Old 09-19-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

I sometimes feel the best time for us is when we do feel "drained"...its easier to put ourselves first. You've done your best, Now its time for her to get it together with or without you. Take care of yourself and know you always have a place to vent....Its wonderful here. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 09-19-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

keepinon
Oh my...that sounds like a gruelling day. I bet you are exhausted. I hope that you are able to get a good night sleep and that tomorrow is a better day for you. This was going to be an emotional day WITHOUT the car problems and pain from the surgery.

When I'm totally exhausted and there is emotional turmoil on top of it, I can't find my serenity either.....but it's still there. I just need to rest and refocus.

You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers.

gentle hugs
Old 09-19-2010, 06:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Keep)))
Sometimes addicts and the stuff that goes along with them is exhausting.

I'll share my warm rice pudding with you, and a movie, a comedy of course.

Tomorrow is Monday, make this a week for YOU.
You
You
You
first.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
it is what it is

keepinon - i am sorry you have had such a hard (and expensive) weekend - exhaustion has the ability to magnify things - get some rest before you even try to think - i hope you can find a good place to be in your mind tonight - i will be praying for you and your daughter
Old 09-19-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Aw ((((Keepinon)))),
how awful for you.
This day was going to bring some stress anyway, what with dealing with the anxiety of AD arrangements, let alone worrying about her new "plans".

Bless you. you have not even recovered from surgery yet, and you have probably had to over do it. long drives are not recommended,or comfortable, after surgery.
you need to baby yourself dear.
if you can, just do as little as possible for a while.

Are you sure you are not a long lost sister of mine?
we have that black cloud that follows us around a lot.

when i read about the dog doo, I really can relate. I have a cat who has IBD, and, whenever i have had the worst day possible, tries to impress me with a Picasso, out his rear, all over walls, furniture, carpet, everywhere. He gets scared, and runs from his exploding bottom, and it is the most discouraging sight in the world. (not sure if that is an exaggeration or not).
I feel for you.

I know you must be so tired. I hope that you are resting right now.
Tomorrow has gotta be a better day, right?

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to put a diaper on the dog before taking a road trip.

truly, i am sorry that your day was so long and tough,
big hug,
chicory
Old 09-19-2010, 07:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to put a diaper on the dog before taking a road trip.

Ok that is hilarious and me laugh out loud!
Old 09-19-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am glad that I made you laugh.

((((hugs))))
Old 09-19-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

when i read about the dog doo, I really can relate. I have a cat who has IBD, and, whenever i have had the worst day possible, tries to impress me with a Picasso, out his rear, all over walls, furniture, carpet, everywhere. He gets scared, and runs from his exploding bottom, and it is the most discouraging sight in the world. (not sure if that is an exaggeration or not).
okay chicory, you are killin me here! a Picasso! maybe more like Pollack?
LOL

yes, and diaper that dog dammit!
keepinon,
these teenage girls are trying to kill us!
we must stick together!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=wicked;2713384]okay chicory, you are killin me here! a Picasso! maybe more like Pollack?
LOL

Ye, that is more like it- but just in one color- crap black.
You are funny, wicked!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Keep - Tomorrow HAS TO BE better day. Just go to bed!!! ((((Hugs))))
Old 09-19-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I sure do understand what your feeling. The addiction problem leads us to so many other problems. All because of addiction, all of these other problems arise. I went through it with my son, and even though he is ok for now, (and I don't want to sound negative) I still feel like it's not over. All of the things you went through with the drive and the car, and the hours in traffic, and then coming home to dog poo, is due to the fact that this addiction has had you on the run for quite some time now. Try to look at the bright side. Your daughter is in recovery, and not still out on the street. It's her life, and you cannot control the relationship with the 29 year old, or anything she does for that matter. She needs to be real careful right now, because she is very vulnerable. The first year of recovery from those types of drugs is difficult. It is so easy to relapse. I am still praying for your daughter, along with others on this site. My heart goes out to you keepinon. I know the exhaustion your feeling, and you need some rest. Tomorrow you will have a better outlook. Today was a long and difficult day. You know what to do, and the meeting is a great idea. Hang in there my friend.

:ghug3
Old 09-19-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Keepinon

Sorry your weekend was so CRAPPY! LOL

Sending ya some good vibes that this week will be better. At least you got her there. That is a good thing. Now try and relax and take care of you. Feel better.

Gotahavfaith
Old 09-19-2010, 11:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

No doubt about it, worrying about the addict is crazy-making.
At least you were persistent in getting your AD to her place no matter the car problems.
Let's hope she stays.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

((keepinon))

Remember: The difference between a bad day and a good day is usually a couple of days. I read that here on this site a long time ago but it has stayed with me because it is so true. We get so down because of all we have to go through, but usually a couple of days later the sun breaks through. Hang in there, sweetheart.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((Keepinon))) - wow, what a weekend from he!!

You've done what you can for your daughter, the rest is up to her. Let it go, sweetie. HP has plans, and we aren't usually privy to them until after the fact, or at least that's how it seems to work in MY life!

Take care of you. You've had recent surgery and your body needs time to heal. As for your mind, well meetings and those of us, here, who love you will help.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-20-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Know you have done everything you can and then some to give her the opportunity to learn and use the skills of recovery. The rest is up to her.