AH sober two days and quite jerky

Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

AH sober two days and quite jerky

AH has been sober two days today and is not only jerky but shaky and pale. I hope he's ok. I didn't comment at all when he told me, and it wasn't something he was bragging about.

We had to go to our accountant today, on the way I asked if he was attending a local music show on Saturday, a band he likes and he said, "it's not a good idea for me to go into bar. I'm only two days sober."

Weird.

We did our business and I went my way and he went his. I don't know wth he's doing, why he's not drinking. It's weird.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Good for you for not reacting to his words or getting all wrapped up in his business.
Ahhhhhh....detachment.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done, and shucks I would be wondering a bit as to why he is not drinking. Wondering a bit....is not worrying myself sick.

You did fine.

God bless
Old 09-09-2010, 07:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Jadmack that is SO darn adorable! How you doin Momma?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Doing fine Hon. Miss having my mum here, but going down to Melbourne for her 99th birthday in couple of months, so have that to look forward to.

RABF has Ulcerative Colitis and his toilet is not working, so guess where he has been running to, day and night? Trust me it is not funny round here, and a couple of times I fled the bathroom while he charged in there. Actually my speed astounded me.

God bless
Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LOL Jadmack!!! And what an adorable pic.

Transform, you're doing great--nice job not getting hooked back in!

Hugs,
posie
Old 09-09-2010, 08:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Ew.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Well I just talked to him and he's drunk again. Good. Glad we got that out of the way..
Old 09-10-2010, 06:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well I just talked to him and he's drunk again. Good. Glad we got that out of the way..
I'm sensing some sarcasm....
Old 09-10-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Know the feeling Trans, not that we are either as expectant or disappointed as we once used to be. The last couple of times RABF "swore off" the booze, I fear I was less than turning cartwheels with anticipation of sobriety and recovery......then again when he relapsed a few days later, I didn't feel devastated either. Just sort of shrugged and said to myself, "oh well, maybe next time".

Oh well, that puts paid to you wondering as to why.

God bless
Old 09-10-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
made me giggle
Old 09-10-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

L2L--I laughed too when I saw that--just one of those things that just popped out.

You guys are making me feel MUCH better today. Laughter is definitely the best medicine.

I think my sense of humor is one of the things that has helped me maintain my sanity the last few years. Not everyone gets it--but some do.

transform--I am happy you did sort of a mental-hmm but that was it. More like, how curious?? and then just ignoring it. Good for you.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am so glad Wife2Kids that we have this place to make us laugh. I hope you are feeling better this weekend. Whenever I feel anger, I try to get myself out of it. I'm horrible at this but I just know how bad anger is for my health. I hope you find a way out of it too and share what you figure out :O)
Old 09-10-2010, 04:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

When things are at their blackest, I run for the smallest bit of humour I can find.
It may sometimes come across as "uncaring", or even "rude" to some, but it is how I get thru the nasty stuff.

God bless
Old 09-11-2010, 06:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Ya'll are speaking my truth as well, and I didn't even know it.

People laugh at me ALL THE TIME. Really. When I'm not trying to be funny. Sometimes, I am being funny and know it but sometimes I'm just being myself. It used to upset me, but now I see that to some people (according to the laughing people) I'm just hilarious.

To others, not so much.

Yesterday, I was meeting with the layout guy and he literally laughs at me all the time. It sort of ticked me off the first few times, so I finally asked him what the hell was so funny.

He said I'm "cute" because I don't know I"m being funny. He said, "You're running this paper, you're a good editor and writer but still a bit kooky in other ways."

Guess what? I didn't like that either. See how easy it is to offend me? I decided to go with it because hey, if I"m helping others laugh and be happy- that's only good.

So I just laugh along with folks now when they're laughing now. Doesn't matter why.

Look at Jadmack. She cracks me up each and every day-even when she's hopping mad. From her avatar to her pictures and her message, there's joy and humor in even the darkest times. It's a real gift.

love, transform
Old 09-11-2010, 07:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

transform, girl, you just do not see it. You are so unique, you have such gifts, you are so fast and witty, you have such a way with words. That is what makes us feel good. We are not laughing at you, we are expressing the good feelings you give us. This is one of your STRENGTHS. It's how you allow yourself to perceive it that defines your reality.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You have a gift, girl. Own it!

I have a friend who used to get offended when people would say to her, "You could have a conversation with a fence post," or whatever inanimate object they could think of.

She thought it was an insult. She didn't get that they were complimenting her ability to engage in conversation with anybody. She's just that good at it making people feel comfortable and good about themselves.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Well now, L2L and HWC. I think I like your versions of why I'm funny better than mine. Thank you.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
Probably something you did.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

(Joke)