Notices

Dr's Appt.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dr's Appt.

For the first time since admitting that I am an alcoholic and not going into rehab from a relapse I have made an appointment to see my Dr. I finally got honest with them and told them last time end of Dec. 09 that I am an alcoholic and just got out of a treatment center. That Dr. was very understanding and glad that I told her. I wont have her again but at least they will know. That was one of the things I needed to do after getting out of rehab. tell the truth.
Just do not know what to tell them, (I know) but I guess I am getting a lot more anxious now.
Day 7 now since my last drink and I am having horrible anxiety, loss of appetite and sleep. I guess I am hoping for something very short term to help with the anxiety. Now that they know I am an alcoholic I hope maybe they can me get back on track, settled down for a day or two.
The AA meetings meeting and talking to my sponsor everyday, SR all day and night reading and typing have helped I just cant seem to slow down this nervousness or its like a whirlwind going round and round.
I not sure what to expect. Just do not want anything that might be used to substitute alcohol.
Thanks
Dean
Old 04-19-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dean

I'm sure it will all go well
Let us know afterwards,

D
Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you for making an appointment and calling your sponsor, keep up the good work.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dean,

I went through the same kinds of feelings when I stopped drinking too.

I didn't have a pink cloud, just lots of worries and guilt.

It might sound annoying, but time will make a difference. You will feel better.

And, good for you for talking to your dr.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am very glad that I went, I was very open and honest. A lot of questions were asked about how much alcohol I drank the time frame of it. AA and sponsor question. Do I need to talk to a psychiatrist.
After was done. They believe that it is not from detox due to the time frame and the amount of anxiety that I was having. I have always had problems with anxiety mostly when it comes to emotions, that where drinking really took control, the escape part. Anyways increased my previous prescribed celexa from 20mg's to 40mg's (1) pill of ativan .5mg's and (3) pills of ambien .5mg's.
I slept good last night 6 straight hours woke up 1 time and not in a panic state. Fell asleep not so good for another hour, afraid I would sleep through the alarm.
Glad I went and was honest, follow up appointment in a week.
Thanks
Dean
Anna, yes a lot of worry and guilt. I have to really learn how to let things go, and which things to hang on to and remember (but not beat myself up over)
if this makes sense
Old 04-20-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Dean - I'm pleased it went well!

D