Thread: Dr's Appt.
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dkayvins125

Dr's Appt.

For the first time since admitting that I am an alcoholic and not going into rehab from a relapse I have made an appointment to see my Dr. I finally got honest with them and told them last time end of Dec. 09 that I am an alcoholic and just got out of a treatment center. That Dr. was very understanding and glad that I told her. I wont have her again but at least they will know. That was one of the things I needed to do after getting out of rehab. tell the truth.
Just do not know what to tell them, (I know) but I guess I am getting a lot more anxious now.
Day 7 now since my last drink and I am having horrible anxiety, loss of appetite and sleep. I guess I am hoping for something very short term to help with the anxiety. Now that they know I am an alcoholic I hope maybe they can me get back on track, settled down for a day or two.
The AA meetings meeting and talking to my sponsor everyday, SR all day and night reading and typing have helped I just cant seem to slow down this nervousness or its like a whirlwind going round and round.
I not sure what to expect. Just do not want anything that might be used to substitute alcohol.
Thanks
Dean