Notices

FANtastic.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

FANtastic.

My boss called a meeting with 2 outside professionals to review something I was working on all year. They show up and she calls up, 10 minutes after it was supposed to start, saying, "Oh I'm exhausted and I haven't slept in 2 days. Let's reschedule." This was Tuesday. She didn't show up on Monday. I, however, was here until 9:00 getting everything together. Wednesday, no show. Today she comes in and says, "I feel like pizza. Will you arrange for pizza for everyone today?" ME? She has an assistant. Then she spent the morning wrapping up boxes of Christmas stuff for her family. 10 pies later and I'm again wondering WTH I'm doing here? I used to think she was a hoot. Now she gets on my last nerve. I take my work seriously. It sucks that she doesn't.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I was drinking, I never noticed what an a...hole my boss was. Now it's like what are you doing here? I think we are so engrossed in our drinking and hiding the fact that we don't notice what goes on around us. You have the knowledge that you are the one doing the work and taking responsibility. You will be noticed. Hang in there.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Saphie View Post
You have the knowledge that you are the one doing the work and taking responsibility. You will be noticed. Hang in there.
I agree. And there's a new "term of endearment" going around..... Bosshole
Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Originally Posted by Saphie View Post
When I was drinking, I never noticed what an a...hole my boss was. Now it's like what are you doing here? I think we are so engrossed in our drinking and hiding the fact that we don't notice what goes on around us. You have the knowledge that you are the one doing the work and taking responsibility. You will be noticed. Hang in there.
I'll third that and can very much relate to your situation. I've found that in month five I've very much come out of a zombie state to the point that I actually care about what's going on in my environment. I like and respect people for who they are, what they believe, and and if they work and play well with others. In the past I was numb and only really cared about cultivating fellow enablers as acquaintances. I've also come to realize that some people are highly functional, not alcoholic, but are utterly manipulative a$$h holes. If the overall culture of you company will not reward the work you do, look elsewhere. There are some really toxic corporate cultures out there.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
I agree. And there's a new "term of endearment" going around..... Bosshole
Bwahahahahahaaa... ha... um... wait, I need to ask a few people if they've heard this term. Pardon me while I grab my pad of pink slips....

-Goat
Old 12-03-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It's always a wise idea to keep your resume' updated
however....
I strongly suggest you deal with her foibles until/unless
you actually have another position.

I've found being sober gives me all sorts
of interesting possibilities ..