SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   FANtastic. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/189770-fantastic.html)

ClosetExtrovert 12-03-2009 09:36 AM

FANtastic.

My boss called a meeting with 2 outside professionals to review something I was working on all year. They show up and she calls up, 10 minutes after it was supposed to start, saying, "Oh I'm exhausted and I haven't slept in 2 days. Let's reschedule." This was Tuesday. She didn't show up on Monday. I, however, was here until 9:00 getting everything together. Wednesday, no show. Today she comes in and says, "I feel like pizza. Will you arrange for pizza for everyone today?" ME? She has an assistant. Then she spent the morning wrapping up boxes of Christmas stuff for her family. 10 pies later and I'm again wondering WTH I'm doing here? I used to think she was a hoot. Now she gets on my last nerve. I take my work seriously. It sucks that she doesn't.

Saphie 12-03-2009 09:51 AM

When I was drinking, I never noticed what an a...hole my boss was. Now it's like what are you doing here? I think we are so engrossed in our drinking and hiding the fact that we don't notice what goes on around us. You have the knowledge that you are the one doing the work and taking responsibility. You will be noticed. Hang in there.

Astro 12-03-2009 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Saphie (Post 2450784)
You have the knowledge that you are the one doing the work and taking responsibility. You will be noticed. Hang in there.

I agree. And there's a new "term of endearment" going around..... Bosshole :lmao

ElegantlyWasted 12-03-2009 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Saphie (Post 2450784)
When I was drinking, I never noticed what an a...hole my boss was. Now it's like what are you doing here? I think we are so engrossed in our drinking and hiding the fact that we don't notice what goes on around us. You have the knowledge that you are the one doing the work and taking responsibility. You will be noticed. Hang in there.

I'll third that and can very much relate to your situation. I've found that in month five I've very much come out of a zombie state to the point that I actually care about what's going on in my environment. I like and respect people for who they are, what they believe, and and if they work and play well with others. In the past I was numb and only really cared about cultivating fellow enablers as acquaintances. I've also come to realize that some people are highly functional, not alcoholic, but are utterly manipulative a$$h holes. If the overall culture of you company will not reward the work you do, look elsewhere. There are some really toxic corporate cultures out there.

Goat 12-03-2009 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Astro (Post 2450801)
I agree. And there's a new "term of endearment" going around..... Bosshole :lmao

Bwahahahahahaaa... ha... um... wait, I need to ask a few people if they've heard this term. Pardon me while I grab my pad of pink slips....

-Goat

CarolD 12-03-2009 06:40 PM

It's always a wise idea to keep your resume' updated
however....
I strongly suggest you deal with her foibles until/unless
you actually have another position.

I've found being sober gives me all sorts
of interesting possibilities ..:yup: