Thread: FANtastic.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ElegantlyWasted
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Originally Posted by Saphie View Post
When I was drinking, I never noticed what an a...hole my boss was. Now it's like what are you doing here? I think we are so engrossed in our drinking and hiding the fact that we don't notice what goes on around us. You have the knowledge that you are the one doing the work and taking responsibility. You will be noticed. Hang in there.
I'll third that and can very much relate to your situation. I've found that in month five I've very much come out of a zombie state to the point that I actually care about what's going on in my environment. I like and respect people for who they are, what they believe, and and if they work and play well with others. In the past I was numb and only really cared about cultivating fellow enablers as acquaintances. I've also come to realize that some people are highly functional, not alcoholic, but are utterly manipulative a$$h holes. If the overall culture of you company will not reward the work you do, look elsewhere. There are some really toxic corporate cultures out there.