Notices

Hello there. Help please?

Old 11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello there. Help please?

Hi.

I have recently become addicted to OxyContin. I did not have it prescribed or anything. I fell into it because my life upended three years ago. I was left by my fiancee a month before our wedding, I lost my job, my ex-wife (different girl) died of Hepatitis C, I totalled my car in a horrible accident, lost three of my closest friends to various different means (stabbed, heart attack, OD), and spend every single day alone and crying.

A neighbor offered an Oxy, and since then I have been hooked. I take an 80mg a day, and I just want to stop more than anything.

I have nobody in my life to talk to, and my emotional and mental issues are the much bigger parts of my addiction than the physical.

I really need somebody to talk to. I feel very alone and empty right now and have nobody in my life.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rhino

Welcome to SR - you'll find a lot of support and help here.

The first thing I advise anyone here to do is to speak with their doctor, or a doctor of their choice. It's a responsible first step.

D
Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Hi Rhino - welcome to SR!

I hope you'll read the stickies at the top of this forum,
there's a wealth of information there that can help you out.

NA doesn't ask *how* you got your DOC.

I, too, had a 'side' addiction to oxy's when I got sober three years ago.
I had a customer who 'tipped' me in morphine and oxy's
because everyone knew,
as an ex horse trainer- I had a goodly amount of pain.

When I got into AA, my sponsor took me through the steps
in both AA and NA fashion. Our town was, at that time,
desperate for sponsors in both Fellowships.

Others will be along soon to introduce themselves,
I hope you'll stick it out and make some new friends!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do you have a way to go to therapy? You sound really depressed, beyond just the OC habit, though that will have to be taken care of to deal with your depression. I just hear a lot of pain in your words and I think you need some one on one help, more than people can give you here. Although, we will of course try to help you as much as we can!
Old 11-15-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wink You're Not Alone

Originally Posted by Rhino666 View Post
I have nobody in my life to talk to, and my emotional and mental issues are the much bigger parts of my addiction than the physical.

I really need somebody to talk to. I feel very alone and empty right now and have nobody in my life.

You came to the right place for finding someone to "talk" to. I have only been a part of this community for about a month, and I can tell you, I already feel like I have another family here. Somebody is always online. Check the New Posts to see whos up and "talking". Maybe your experiences can help somebody else as well as being helped yourself. That has been my experience. I came here because my alcohol abuse was getting out of control. So far I have had 10 continuous days sober. Given my history, that's pretty good! Look through the forums and find a few that fit your way of thinking and just join in. Read a lot (that's what I did at first -- didn't do much posting for a couple of weeks anyway). You will find that you definitely are NOT alone. We have all gone thru pain and suffering, loneliness, anxiety, you name it, because of our addiction. I hope you stick around!! Here's a hug from me to you. :ghug3
Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support so far. In response to lillie, I actually did just start seeing a psychiatrist, but it doesn't seem to combat the void that 9 years of living with someone suddenly disappearing.

This adds a level of iteration of support I feel I need right now.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm so glad you came here. Seeing a psychiatrist is definitely a step in the right direction.

Talk away. The people here seem to be great at listening.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
crazy vampire addict

Hi Rhino...and welcome to SR.

I am a recovering opiate addict. I came here several months ago in search of support while I walked the road to recovery. I have made some amazing friends and met some incredible people along the way. They are here for me at any time of day or night. I don't know how I would have gotten through many long weekends without them.

What are you doing right now for yourself in terms of quitting your drugs? Are you considering attending some NA meetings? Seeing a doctor? What is it that we can help you with?

Your pain is palpable...but you aren't alone.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the boards

I think that attending meetings of NA should be part of your immediate future.

That's in addition to seeing a doctor, preferably one with experience dealing w/ opioid dependency issues. S/he might want to put you on buprenorphine aka 'subs'. It's a quick way to a lot better life and mental state than the one you got going right now, I promise you that.

Good luck, and keep posting ...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I am CrackQuack, as the name says, addicted to crack cocaine. 9 months clean!
I am glad you came here and hope that you find what you are looking for. A wealth of information, support, and PEOPLE LIKE YOU, are here!
I agree with Dee about seeing a doctor, first thing. And Bvaljalo put it so well about seeing the Doctor too as well as going to NA meetings. At the meetings you will find people, just like yourself, but in person. They'll welcome you with open arms. Literally. I had no idea. When I went to my first meeting, some guy asked to hug me and I am not a physical person unless I know you. LOL. I told him he can hug me if I can put him 6 feet under... Well.. I did warm up to the idea eventually and actually love the hugs now. Hugs not drugs, as the saying goes!
:ghug3
Old 11-19-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero