View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Asta1

Wink You're Not Alone

Originally Posted by Rhino666 View Post
I have nobody in my life to talk to, and my emotional and mental issues are the much bigger parts of my addiction than the physical.

I really need somebody to talk to. I feel very alone and empty right now and have nobody in my life.

You came to the right place for finding someone to "talk" to. I have only been a part of this community for about a month, and I can tell you, I already feel like I have another family here. Somebody is always online. Check the New Posts to see whos up and "talking". Maybe your experiences can help somebody else as well as being helped yourself. That has been my experience. I came here because my alcohol abuse was getting out of control. So far I have had 10 continuous days sober. Given my history, that's pretty good! Look through the forums and find a few that fit your way of thinking and just join in. Read a lot (that's what I did at first -- didn't do much posting for a couple of weeks anyway). You will find that you definitely are NOT alone. We have all gone thru pain and suffering, loneliness, anxiety, you name it, because of our addiction. I hope you stick around!! Here's a hug from me to you. :ghug3