Notices

Doc & Detox

Old 11-15-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doc & Detox

Thanks everyone for answering all mt questions. A lot of you tell me to go to the doctor for my opiate withdraw or a detox place. The problem with that is I don't have the money to keep going to the doctor and I don't know where you all live but here in florida any detox that is free the waiting list is months and you have to call every day or they will take you off the list. They tell me when I call that 95% of the people on the waiting list are on it opiate withdraw. These doctors n florida should be shot anyone here can get oxys. They give me 240 oxy 30 and 120 oxy 15 and I don't have a damn thing wrong with me. They give everyone that all you need is a MRI and they will even tell you where to get a crocked MRI. Its crazy here in florida with these pills everyone is on them. I wish I knew than what I know now. These doctors took my life from me. I hope they all get by a train and die slow. They took my life and didn't care. Well sorry for rambling I just get so mad when I think about it Thanks for listing it helps to get it out.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can't vouch for this information, being in Australia myself, but here's a website for free clinics.
Medkind Corporation

click on the free clinic directory and select your state.

The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center: Rehabilitation Program

Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

There is also the ER...and while I can't say for FL, most places I've heard of have some kind of governmental apparatus to assist all people in getting medical care.

Sometimes it takes some digging.
D

Last edited by Dee74; 11-15-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
crazy vampire addict

Originally Posted by LOST35 View Post
Thanks everyone for answering all mt questions. A lot of you tell me to go to the doctor for my opiate withdraw or a detox place. The problem with that is I don't have the money to keep going to the doctor and I don't know where you all live but here in florida any detox that is free the waiting list is months and you have to call every day or they will take you off the list. They tell me when I call that 95% of the people on the waiting list are on it opiate withdraw. These doctors n florida should be shot anyone here can get oxys. They give me 240 oxy 30 and 120 oxy 15 and I don't have a damn thing wrong with me. They give everyone that all you need is a MRI and they will even tell you where to get a crocked MRI. Its crazy here in florida with these pills everyone is on them. I wish I knew than what I know now. These doctors took my life from me. I hope they all get by a train and die slow. They took my life and didn't care. Well sorry for rambling I just get so mad when I think about it Thanks for listing it helps to get it out.

While I appreciate your anger and frustration over your addiction, please understand that you are never going to begin the road to healing without taking responsibility for your own actions. You have repeatedly blamed the doctors and medical care providers for your addiction. No one asked you to take those pills. You made that choice. When the doctor prescribes them for you, they tell you how to take them. You made the choice to abuse them.

I am not judging you by any stretch. My first pain pills were given to me for a knee injury that I sustained while working as a nurse. I, better than most, know how these pills can easily prey on you if not taken in accordance with the way they are prescribed. At first, I blamed my doctor for being so "eager" to refill my prescriptions when I requested them. However, he is only doing his job. If I tell him I am still having pain...he is going to do what he can to alleviate that pain. He doesn't make any more or less money if I become addicted to pain pills.

He really had very little to do with my addiction.

Own your addiction, Lost. You created it. You can be the one to undo it as well. Speak to your doctor openly and honestly about your addiction so that it will close the pathway to you ever being able to use him as a source again. Also, a doctor can get you into the detox facilities faster than you can calling on your own. (I am a nurse here in Florida, where you are, so I understand your frustration with the detox centers here). There are many that can get you state funding to get into the centers in a more timely fashion. Your primary care doctor can be a great resource. I can PM you some of the names of detox facilities that will help facilitate that as well.

Ultimately, you do not have to detox at a facility. You know this. You can do your detox from opiated relatively safely at home. While opiate withdrawal is extremely taxing on the body...it is rare to encounter complications from opiate detox. In other words, it's not life threatening. It only FEELS that way. *trust me!*
Old 11-15-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand your anger, I really do, because I felt that way after I was told that suboxone detox was no problem and a miracle pill etc etc. Then I was stuck on it for months and realized eventually that I knew more about it than my doctor. Then I realized that no one forced those pills down my throat (or rather, under my tongue), and it's my responsibility to research anything I put into my own body. Nothing "out there" is to blame for my addiction. You're never going to get anywhere if you keep putting all the blame on the pill itself and the doctors. Nor should you be doused in shame and self-loathing. You just have to look at it realistically, and no one did this "to you".
Old 11-15-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Also, the only reason I ever went to detox facilities is because I was never in a position where I couldn't somehow get more money and scam someone into somehow getting me more dope. I just felt safer there and it was a relief to give up that control. I just didn't trust myself not to go get high in the midst of opioid withdrawal. I had a severe problem. BUT, as the previous poster said, it is physically possible to withdraw at home. Can't die from these withdrawals. You just have to REALLY want it and be willing and prepared to go through some pain and stick it out. I detoxed this last time at home without going into detox because the pain of withdrawal was better than the pain of continuing to use and having everyone that loves me leave me. It helps if you have some support too. I haven't read through all your posts, do you have someone to stick by you and knows what you're going through?
Old 11-15-2009, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry, I'll stop talking soon, I just think I was misleading before because I started taking suboxone after a day of withdrawal. So that doesn't really count as "going through withdrawal at home". HOWEVER, I did detox off heroin cold turkey in 2005 because I moved to Spain and I had no choice. As in, no connection, no money, no way to get opiates whatsoever, and that's the only reason I made it through. I didn't sleep for 5 days and I had no meds to help me whatsoever, so I don't really recommend that. If you absolutely can't go to detox, maybe you can at least visit your doctor and he/she will prescribe a small amount of meds to help with the acute withdrawals. I swear I don't know how I did that in Spain. Sorry for all my messages, I keep forgetting stuff.