Notices

This is nuts.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is nuts.

I can't do this. this is so freaking painful in so many different ways. I am really thinking about going to the hospital.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Are you detoxing? Im sorry but you need to clarify what you are talking about. Perhaps the hospital is the right place for you.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

"I am really thinking about going to the hospital..."

Go to the hospital and talk with someone, ask them if you need to be there.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hospital

k heres a little bit of the story.....

I have serious medical issues and I suffer from chronic pain. I did the wean down with my pain meds and it was uncomfortable yes but i thought do able. The weather is really cold and rainy and this weather hurts me even more.

I spoke to a friend of mine and he had some meds for RLS so i thought ok maybe i can take that and my legs would give me a brake and i could rest a little. Mind you my anxiety hasn't been this high in YEARS.. My friend tells me to take 3 and I am a little worried about taking 3 so i take 2. Well now everything goes to hell. My pain is 10x worse, my anxiety is now a full blown panic attack. I can barely walk and my legs won't leave me alone. Imagine that...My gosh that was painful it made it hard to breath.

So I went in and they gave me some adivan and some pain meds. I am going to make the appointment to go see my doc next week. My doctors have been trying to get me to go the pain clinic for the last 4 years. My issue was I just want there to be another way to live than to live on these damn things. I am not giving up hope and I am still going to try all the treatments out there that are for me. I just got off of one that I was on for 6 months. Oh good lord that was painful. PAINFUL talk about misery in all senses of the word. I am not giving up hope and I am not going to put myself through this kind of pain ever again. I have to understand that my illnesses are going to kill me and I need to take care of myself and make my life the most comfortable that I can.

Thanks to all who talked to me and I hope when I need to that I can still come here and talk about addiction. Its a fine line when your treating diseases such as mine. My big thing is I just don't want to miss the line and become an addict. Yano?

Thanks again God Bless
Bones
Old 07-19-2009, 05:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Sounds like you are possibly getting some help. There are alternatives to opiates though for treating your pain that you can consider. One thing I can tell you is that although you are in LEGIT pain, during detox are pain is highly magnified for 2 reasons. First of all your body isnt used to using its own pain receptors and has to learn to remake them, and also your addiction or "dependence" is starving for more pills and tricking you. Like I said I know you are in real pain but consider what I said. You can do this.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mi vida loca

good luck with whatever direction you so choose...i am also a CP patient and the one bit of advice i give to others in my shoes is to understand the difference between addiction and dependence; something i didnt know OR understand. i am glad i learned the difference as it put many things in my life into perspective. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a pain-free (if possible) evening and week! take care....
Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Neurontin

Neruontin. Takes away the restless leg syndrom, the sweats, the pain in spin, hips and legs and keep the jitters undercontrol. Its very possible to do it with out all the pain of withdrawl when you use this medication. I found it by accident due to seizures I had this year. But if you read up on it on the internet it is used for narcotics withdrawl. talk to someone about it. No one should have to suffer thru that wicked pain...

justme729
:sorry you feel bad, hang in there!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Read the Neurtion message below

justme729
Old 07-20-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Is neurtion OTC?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Neuroniton

I have been on this med before. The side effects were pretty bad so that one is out. Thanks All for thinking of other ways for me. I appreciate it more than and amount of words could ever express.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Originally Posted by Nallabelle View Post
Is neurtion OTC?
Neurontin is a prescription medication and any use thereof should be determined by a physician.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Your Distant Friend

Neurontin might have psychological side effects as well as ativan and of course the opiate-based pain killers. I advise taking things as needed, not as desired, if you able to make the distinction, and if you are truly honest with yourself as well as if you enact other methods of actually healing you, that is, something that none of these medications will do, you will find yourself needing them less and less. Reserach the root cause of your medical condition(s), find out what minerals, vitamins and nutrients that you have been severely defficient in. I reccomened thorough nutritional research coupled with diet changes, and maybe an activity plan over time: yoga/massage/... all of these things together can help you not only deal with your pain, but reduce it, and someday even eliminate it.

Some unfortunate truth of the medical matrix is that you will never eliminate the source of your pain and heal from your illness if you only follow medical advice. That will only keep you treated, maitained. there are so many "illness" that are 100% curable, which include ones mentioned in this thread, which the medical majority, sadly, won't admit
Remember this truth, just because millions or even billions of people think something is true, doesn't make it true. Investigate your ailments and take responsibility for their reversal. Doctors aren't going to do this for you.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
mi vida loca

also, going to a pain clinic may be a good move for you. i found many things along the way in my pain struggles that i couldnt have found at my PCPs or orthopedic surgeons office. some pain clinics offer group meetings/seminars on how to deal with and cope with chronic pain, biofeedback in place of pain medications and things of that sort. pain clinics also typically have more knowledge on meds, pain, etc. than your regular ole PCP OS docs. i have no idea where i would be today had i not been referred to pain mgmt...i dont want to have to go, but in order for my conditions to be under control, i go where that can be done safely and effectively. let me know what you find (what we talked about via PM)....take care
Old 07-20-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bones197828 View Post
k heres a little bit of the story.....

II spoke to a friend of mine and he had some meds for RLS so i thought ok maybe i can take that and my legs would give me a brake and i could rest a little.
Thanks again God Bless
Bones
My hubby has RLS and takes Sinemet (Carbidopa)... It helps his restless legs, but doesn't help him rest.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

be carefull bones the pain m. doc got me hooked or i never realized what was happining ... but im in a bigger mess now , so be carefull friend
Old 07-20-2009, 11:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
mi vida loca

ray ray--please i have to put my 2 cents in here---on EVERY SINGLE pharmacy insert with narcotics there is some inportant information that details narcotic use. these are included so patients will read them....the pain mgmt doc got you hooked? i guess im having a hard time understanding this...
Old 07-22-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is nuts

Thanks everyone for your replys. I am still trying to wean and I am constantly fighting with myself on wether or not I have a problem. This is so wack it is not even funny. I am in so much pain and so uncomfortable and have tons of anxiety. Its crazy. I am still taking some of my pain meds in the morning or else I would never make it out of bed, but even that is at a really low dose for me. I don't want to be "addicted" at all one way or the other. Mentally or physically. I hate it. But what I hate even more is that I KNOW that I feel so much better after I take my meds. I can get up and play, my daughter can sit on my lap (normally she can not cause of the pain), I can go excersise and not be all beat up after wards, I don't hurt nearly as bad (not even close) the list goes on and on.... Wht does that make me? I mean really? Yea there have been times where I took more than I should have and I can admit that. But normally I don't. I take them as I need them. Which unfortunately is daily. But where does that leave me? Good Lord! I just want a new body. If I could get me one of those I would be so grateful its not even funny. Well I hope that I start to feel better soon. I feel tons better than when I went to the hospital TONS! But the over all pain and weakness and anxiety is eating away at me. I am at a loss. Its just a real bummer yano. I want the stress and anxiety to go away. Is this happening cause I am taking a much lower dose than normal? How long til my body adjusts? Does anyone know or have and experiences or words of wisdom or just some plain love to share with me. Please..... Thanks,
Bones
Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

bones, I replied to your thread in the Pain Management forum. Maybe you saw it?

When I got clean, I was wheelchair-bound, mostly as a result of pain but in part because my legs had wasted away so much, even if I could stand the pain, they wouldn't support me. Ten months and a crushed leg later, I parked the chair and walked -- without meds. That's the short version. In between, I had lots of physical therapy, lots of traditional therapy (I learned creative visualization and developed pain management meditations with my therapist), a good doctor who didn't believe in opiate medication for chronic pain, but also had the compassion not to tell me to just "tough it out," and -- this is the critical part -- I had a sponsor who guided me through the 12 steps. I learned to accept the things I could not change (my chronic conditions, the body I was born in), the courage to change the things I could (my level of fitness, my diet, the level of pain I was willing to accept) and the wisdom to know the difference.

Over the years, I could stay away from drugs, including alcohol, for periods of time, but I was never happy about it. In order to enjoy a sober state, I had to change some very fundamental things about myself -- including my self-identity. I'm not a victim of pain (in any form) any more.

I wish you well. I'll say a prayer for you.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 07-22-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

sugah, I know that you were responding to 'bones', but I just gotta say!!! You are such an inspiration. I have a condition called rheumatoid arthrits, and at times, the pain is pretty bad. I take motrin for the pain and it helps. Your story above has really motivated to do more...like more excercise, for sure.
Thanks,

Penny
Old 07-24-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I don't know, to me it sounds like you really need medicine and you're not taking it. What medical conditions do you have exactly?