Notices

swine flu

Old 04-30-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

swine flu

I responded to my bud toomutch- but wanted you all to know its real. I travel a lot- especially recently looking for work (which I found! Thank God!!)- also found this crap- probably on a plane. I had to go to hospital last night at 4am and they diagnosed me with it-
i told them about my tapering and crap- which they did the normal benzo/atropin thing, along with nausea/diarrhea meds. they had me sign some crap and documented it- this is the real deal. be careful, and believe me it will wreck your digestive system big time. first symptoms for me were exteme nausea and sweating/shaking. I have been a wreck (more than usual) for 4 days at least (really thought it was withdrawals) and finally went to ER last night because I was so dehydrated and shaking even more. the shaking was freaking me out the most- but they iv'd me for dehydration (from the - well you know)
Old 04-30-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You just answered my question that I sent you in a PM. What are they doing for it? I'm surprised they didn't keep you at the hospital. I'm worried about you dub.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh my, hope you get feeling better soon and hopefully it won't mutate through the internet...
Old 04-30-2009, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

they didnt keep me- seemed more concerned about documenting it....they told me to stay at home for 4 days and not have contact with my family- and to watch the showers and places the fam shares. I cant believe the crap that has happened to me- but I did get a job and am taking the approach that this is all happening as a learning experience....probably dumb, but thats how I am looking at it. Still breathing!!!! I am still shaking like a tree in a hurricane - i can barely type this.
thanks TM
Old 04-30-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jamdls View Post
Oh my, hope you get feeling better soon and hopefully it won't mutate through the internet...
hilarious- actually they told me anyone reading my posts would get it worse than me (you crack me up). So you better get to dr now.
Best-
Dub
Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That totally sucks Dub! I am so sorry that you are going through this right now. Try to keep positive and look after yourself.

(((HUGS)))
Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

lol have you got swine flu then Dub? Its definitely your year 2009! Get better soon pal and i don't mean from the flu!!!! Good news about the job, congratulations:-)
Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Do you know where you picked it up, Dub? What city, I mean?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i have been to NYC several times lately,, Dallas twice and North Carolina once. I dont really think the city matters- the airplanes are loaded with people from all over - just my opinion...enclosed you know....but I have no idea. I can barely type this I am shaking so bad
dub
Old 04-30-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Dub. Take care of yourself man. Gotta love Lebowski.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wow dub, like you really needed this on top of all the other stuff, sometimes when it rains, it pours huh? Congrats again on the new job.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better, Dub!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Planes, trains, automobiles!

So sorry Fub!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thanks to all- I appreciate you. youre an awesome group of people. I kind of got a weird combo of finding my job (and saving my house etc etc) , and getting this crap- is that a psychological speedball? (not that i do speedballs- done other stuff but never that- not that any of you give a flying ****)
If i never contribute anything else to you all- Have humor in life, if i didnt laugh i would flip out....think i might watch a comedy. i do love the bob and tom show....think i will watch it.
much love and sincerely-
dub
Old 04-30-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Get some rest dub... :ghug3
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

c'mon the what is a speedball? I seriously do not know! Now will you please stop shaking Dub ffs!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Sorry I called ya Fub, dub...sheeeesh.

not enough coffee..

Take care....get well soon!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good grief, Dub! And there's you thinking (understandably) that it is withdrawals. Sheesh!

Look after yourself, mate.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thats huge news dub! I mean there has only been one confirmed case in the states and you're confirmed case number two? Intense! And you found a job while you were so sick! Well done on that mate! Considering how sick you been I'm really surprised they sent you home....

I'm sorry but all this got me questioning are you for real? or are ya just joking around with us?

Anyways regardless of the answer to that question I hope you feel a whole lot better really soon! :ghug3
Old 04-30-2009, 10:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by electrickery View Post
Thats huge news dub! I mean there has only been one confirmed case in the states and you're confirmed case number two? Intense! And you found a job while you were so sick! Well done on that mate! Considering how sick you been I'm really surprised they sent you home....

I'm sorry but all this got me questioning are you for real? or are ya just joking around with us?

Anyways regardless of the answer to that question I hope you feel a whole lot better really soon! :ghug3
U.S. Human Cases of Swine Flu Infection
(As of April 30, 2009, 10:30 AM ET) States # of laboratory confirmed cases Deaths
Arizona 1
California 14
Indiana 1
Kansas 2
Massachusetts 2
Michigan 1
Nevada 1
New York 50
Ohio 1
South Carolina 10
Texas 26 1
TOTAL COUNTS 109 cases 1 death