Notices

Question Bear

Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Bear

I wondered, and probably could find if I read thru all your posts just dont feel so hot right now, if at any point in your life were you on tramadol ONLY. and what amounts? Also, have you found it to be worse than a true opiod(I think they are synthetic, right?) anyhow, what in the bloody heck is it that can cause me at Day 7, (never thought I would hit it) to still feel so bad. Im so nauseated right now its not even funny. I am trying to get some food in me, but made the mistake, I think, of lots of dr. enuff and even more cigarettes. I seem to be better/worse/better/worse. It is enuf to make me more nuts than I already am. I am NOT going to use. I just wonder about this while I have the laptop(warm) on my belly and trying to think about Tramadol. ihave used lots of opiates in the past, sporadically, and usually ONLY to get me thru till I could get more Tram.... I know its still the EXACT same addiction, but it was like just taking something(and I know NOT the appropriate thing) for withdrawals. I just wonder why in the world. After ALL these years, would I have much rather had a full bottle of tram than a full bottle of Lortabs. also, any insight, ANYone to the nausea and what to do... I would rather the headache than this and they seem to have swapped. sigh... got my own arse into it. Meeting time. I will check back later. if anyone can or wants to answer any/all of the above or have some nausea relief? I would, as we say in the south, kiss your butt on main street in broad daylight, for the advice... heres hoping, Becky :praying
Old 03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tennladybb View Post
I wondered, and probably could find if I read thru all your posts just dont feel so hot right now, if at any point in your life were you on tramadol ONLY. and what amounts? Also, have you found it to be worse than a true opiod(I think they are synthetic, right?) anyhow, what in the bloody heck is it that can cause me at Day 7, (never thought I would hit it) to still feel so bad. Im so nauseated right now its not even funny. I am trying to get some food in me, but made the mistake, I think, of lots of dr. enuff and even more cigarettes. I seem to be better/worse/better/worse. It is enuf to make me more nuts than I already am. I am NOT going to use. I just wonder about this while I have the laptop(warm) on my belly and trying to think about Tramadol. ihave used lots of opiates in the past, sporadically, and usually ONLY to get me thru till I could get more Tram.... I know its still the EXACT same addiction, but it was like just taking something(and I know NOT the appropriate thing) for withdrawals. I just wonder why in the world. After ALL these years, would I have much rather had a full bottle of tram than a full bottle of Lortabs. also, any insight, ANYone to the nausea and what to do... I would rather the headache than this and they seem to have swapped. sigh... got my own arse into it. Meeting time. I will check back later. if anyone can or wants to answer any/all of the above or have some nausea relief? I would, as we say in the south, kiss your butt on main street in broad daylight, for the advice... heres hoping, Becky :praying
I know I'm not Bear, but please lemme give you my 2 cents:
I think Tramadol is half opiod (it binds the opiod receptors very weakly) and half SSRI anti-depressant(which is why you can't take it with other SSRI anti-depressants like Prozac otherwise you'll get something called (Serotonin Syndrome). So, if you're addicted to this drug and want off, you will be going though withdrawals of both opiods and SSRIs. Remember the more you Tramadol you take, the more at risk you are to be going into seizures so don't go over what the doctor prescribes you.

The drug never gave me a high nor did it relieve my pain. Bascially it's useless to me.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Nalla! Hope your day is going well. thank you for your post. Unfortunately, I have a huge history with tramadol. I was just kind of wondering about the Bears past with it. I have suffered seizures, several rehabs, lots of lying to EVERYone and causing my family more pain than should ever be allowed. It has ruled many years of my life. I have done pretty much everything ever possible to get it, hurt lots of people, two failed suicide attempts (within 6 months agao, both of them) and complete and total loss of control over my life. In every way. all I ever thought about was those little pills. Im not beyond that, what a fix that would be, BUT I KNOW if I dont control it, I wont live much longer. It just took over everything. I may lose my children, yet. Praying mightily against it, but may be too late. I can hope nad pray that fixing ME this time first, I can get that changed (if it happens). I just hope its not too late

Mostly wanting relief from this nausea, if it is to be had. anyone at all, shoot. and thanks again Nalla. I hope you are well. Love, Becky
Old 03-11-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Some French tart....

Hello Becky,

Nausea is REALLY horrible. Beleive me I know. I think that is only because your gastric system is upset. You could try "Motilium", which is to combat nausea. If anyone has any other remedies, I'd be glad to know too!!
( I used Motilium throughout all my last pregnancy as I had bad nausea all the way through.)

Good luck, you are doing so well Becky.

Much love,
Ingrid xxx :ghug3
Old 03-11-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

number one, Dave, Im so sorry, I mistook your avatar for Nallas. and thank you very kindly. and Ingrid thank you so much for your post. Im just not sure what Motilium is? Is it similar to Emetrol? which what I have that is mostly high fructose corn syrup and whatnot. I cannot even get past that syrupy sweet stuff. I just wanna yak. I really do appreciate it, I have two phenegren suppositories, but am not sure thats even smart for me given how I feel right now. would LOVE to not be so dang blasted nauseated right now, but for me, in the past, it mind altering and that could lead to "oh well, just one more night, i just wanna feel better tonight and THEN I will start again, no one here on this forum will ever know" but I would. and have made a sERIOUS pact to not lie on here again. maybe tho, what you are talking about is something diff.? I really thank you for the advice, just wish I knew what it was. :-) I would rather have a root canal with no anesthesia than to feel this way right now.... I want to puke, fingers down the throat arent working. nothing seems to be, its headache... then nausea... then headache..then nasuea. sigh.. I should, I know, count my blessings they arent happening together. DAM**T!!! this is driving me crazy!! Have to get up int he a.m for IOP... I pray I dont feel this way then. will prob. be off and on here tonight. Dosent look like sleep is in the horizon for me. if I go too early, when (if) it eases off, I will be up from like 3 am on. If I go to late, will feel even worse tomorrow am. I really really dont feel up to going to the store. Being out and around folks was enuff for me tonight. is there ANYthing home that could work? Im afraid I would yak up Pepto......... maybe I just have to suck it up. why now???
Old 03-11-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Some French tart....

Hi Becky, back again. I have just looked up all the remedies for nausea.

Nausea can be felt due to a number of things such as anxiety.Is that your case?
OTC remedies are Vogalene and Primeran here in France. One thing you must do though is to keep drinking lots of fluids - that helped me. Try the medication you have at home if you can't face up to going out again. Motilium is is the brand name for 'doperidone'. I only have the explanation in French, perhaps you could look into home remedies for nausea on the computer.

You're not alone Becky, talk your heart out on here and feel free to PM me if you would like.
Love always,
Ingrid xxx
Old 03-12-2009, 03:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Hi, Becky-
Just saw this. Am dealing with some medical issues...will post my answer in a little bit, today-promise. The short answer is yes...when I first detoxed a couple of years back it was from trmamdol alone.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Becky,

I can feel your pain because I've been thru the same sh*t many times.I was so sick of the wds so I get on Subutex and now I'm off it.

I think Tramadol is half opiod (it binds the opiod receptors very weakly) and half SSRI anti-depressant(which is why you can't take it with other SSRI anti-depressants like Prozac otherwise you'll get something called (Serotonin Syndrome). So, if you're addicted to this drug and want off, you will be going though withdrawals of both opiods and SSRIs.
I agree with Davy.I detoxed from both Tramadol & Subutex. There's a difference between both wds.Basically when I get off Tramadol I had some minor physicall discomforts but in a deep depression plus lots of cravings.You can try to get on subutex if you can afford it .I was curious if your doctor suggested an anti-depressant.It would help a lot if you can't afford subutex.But it will take 3 weeks to start working .
Old 03-12-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

You might try Emetrol for nausea. It's available in Rite Aid, CVS, etc. in generic OTC form and not expensive. I had Nausene lozenges, too. They're all actually cola syrup, an age-old nausea remedy that worked for me.
My use...as I recall, was quite high. I started the day with 300 mg. and lost track after that but would take 50 mg tabs in twos and threes all day long. The high became useless after a while and I developed opiate nods, doctor shopping, protecting my supply, etc.
That time, I detoxed at home with clonidine. Initially I abused other drugs thinking it was helping the detox, but it only made it worse and I developed hallucinations.
The entire detox took me about eight-10 days until I felt better, so you're about right where I was.

Sincerely hoping this helps, I remain,
Old 03-12-2009, 06:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

HI Becky,
Just wanted to drop in if I may. I had problems with lots of other opiate meds. BUT once I found tramadol, that became my doc. I can tell you from experience and from w/d off only tramadol that it seemed much worse to me. Before I found tramadol I once w/d off of lortab and it was about 3-7 days tops. But with the tramadol it took me a full 10 days to feel somewhat "normal"
Hope that helps some. You are doing great and keep with it...it will pay off
Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Friend

Hey Becky - just thought I’d chime in because I know the he!! you are going through right now. I as well dabbled in opiates for much of my teenage/adult life - coinciding w/family issues beginning in my early teens. However, when I found Tramadol several yrs ago after attempting to self medicate my pain (yep, the mind of an addict can be deadly) - that was it for me. I was on that permanent giddy ride...not ‘high’ in the typical opiate nod itchies way – but the energy and well-being that Tramadol bought me— while it lasted. Of course, it quickly got out of control, and I was taking a ridiculous amnt - getting it with all the tricks and easily going through 120 - 180 in a week or less – no seizures (that I recognized as such) – but got the obvious instant w/ds within hrs of not taking a handful - ugh. I could not handle the c/t w/d and I was put on subutex which I am now attempting to come off of, as I feel strong enough to live w/o the crutch any longer. Don’t get me wrong, it assisted in saving my life at a time when I had jumped off the deep end and was drowning - but I’ve finally used my recovery tools and came to a place that I feel confident that I can live w/o it (not overly confident, because an addict should never be imo- but I’m ready.)

To be honest, the nausea was the worst for me when I was on my highest doses of the tram...but when I tried to c/t (10's of 100's of times) or ‘control’ my intake - vomiting was def an issue then as well. For me, the worst part of c/t was the anxiety and feeling that I couldn’t sit still in my own skin. I had periods of 3 wks c/t (before subutex) and would still finally cave. This was just my experience though, and I will be honest - at those times, I wasn’t ready to be drug free. I ran out of pills and couldn’t get more yet. I wasn’t open to recovery – sure I said it aloud - but I knew as soon as my refill was up, I’d get my hands on it.

See the difference here, Becky? I can tell from your posts that you genuinely want this and it has clearly been difficult for you. You are not different from any other addict here...lying, cheating...to get what you need. Don’t let the idea that you’ve done these things in the past hinder a future of recovery. You CAN do this. As for the nausea...I don’t know much about phenegran...but you say it makes you high or just out of it? Do you have means to get more trams if the urge arose? If not, then I guess you could chance the phenegran - but who am I kidding, we’re addicts. You may just have to ride this out. Tram is so difficult to overcome, I believe, due to the SNRI properties it possesses....a tricky thing. I think you mentioned being on an a/d or cocktail of meds...are you? I’m not saying trade in the trams for something else...but you may need an SSRI short-term, in order to wean off slowly....more do-able than weaning tram...but the opiate and SSRI w/d at once is too much too bare, IMHO. Why not bring this up in your IOP - start a discussion, maybe get some suggestions or ES&H from others? That’s what you’re there for...talk to your dr...insist on a suggestion. It’s crucial to your recovery, so fight for it!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Friend

I don't know if there really is any reasoning or 'excuse' as to why you'd rather the trams than other, stronger opiates...but I get it. I'll tell you this...my fiance (who I am going through the journey of recovery with) ALWAYS had opiates on hand when I was on the trams (he has severe DDD and 3 herniated disks) - we're talking avinza <sp?> (time release morphine), vicodin, oxys, percs.....never even thought about them when I had my tram stash. And when I ran out or decided I wanted off the trams...addict mind worked similar to yours...I thought I could wean w/percs (my g-d, who was I kidding!)

I'll tell you the truth though...it was never enough. When I resorted to percs I'd get the opiate high, but more just sleepy and grumpy....and still restless! I wanted my trams. I'm convinced they get you w/the SNRI. Mind you I was taking way above the recommended dosage, but it's like a weak opiate + prozac...music to an addicts ears....UNTIL it turns on you. Makes you someone you'd never want to be, never dreamed you be...took me down...and you can get it on the damn internet. This rx should be scheduled....perhaps it is not appropriate for severe pain, which is why it is scoffed at by many chronic pain sufferers....but it's an addict loophole, and I've seen it destroy so many lives....it's sad.

PS.....nausea....try GINGER! Ginger anything NOT flavored w/corn syrup or sugar (which imo induces that bad feeling.) Ginger tea...sometimes called like 'tummy tamer' - just make sure the % of ginger is high...ginger lozenges (again, sugar free) --- or you can literally just chew on little raw pieces (you can boil first to make the flavor a bit less intense - but not too long or you lose the beneficial part.) I know it's a drag to get up and go out to the store - but this has been really helpful to me so many times and my stomach is totally wussy so I deal w/this often!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thanks Bear, Hopefully and Shell for your responses. I am feeling somewhat better, I ate an ice cream sandwich and i think it helped. I am so thankful that at least I am this far. I just hate and wonder, I was good/bad/so so/way worse/ I am doing everything I can for me, meetings, IOP, even feeling horrible, did NOT want to get up ths morning. Thanks Shell also for all the tram info. I have been thru tram withdrawals many many times, and like you said, its more of a mood booster than any kind of high. just energy for days, but then of course.... seizures.... bad ones..

I cannot believe I am at this stage again, after having done this. I KNOW what this does and i am so stupid to put myself right back in the same mess. I am VERY grateful for being as far as I am. NEVER Thought I would make it that far this time. with the divorce and everything. to answer you, I could get tram if I wanted it. It is available online, it should DEF. be scheduled. I cannot believe it isnt. i could find the money, but im NOT doing it. I have come so far..... I am making it, and cannot beleive it. At this second, the nausea has subsided. Do you think ginger ale would help? I can get that easily at a super close and will check on the ginger.

You guys are really helping me, and the suggestions are sooooo welcome. If anyone has more explanations about the whole tramadol being worse than SOME opiate to withdraw from? and the SSRI thing? I really appreciate the input on that aspect. I am very very curious about this whole thing, maybe if I can wrap my mind around the "here is whats happening and what your body is doing and WHY I prefer it to any other opiates" I would really appreciate any input and soooo thankful for those who have already posted. This is crap on toast, and I swear I am never going to do this again. Nausea and stomach problems right now, though nausea is reducing. Dang, i am repeating myself. Thanks again in advance for any info and fot that already received. Hoping my stomach stops hating
me, Becky

P.S. I cant believe that I forgot to thank you too, Bear. I really am glad we didnt cease any conversation when I told horrible lies and you were upset with me, I am glad you are still here. You have a way of saying things. and i was a bi**h to you. anyway, Im glad to have you, and htat you understand the tram...
Hoping that we are able to build a friendship, Becky
Old 03-12-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Friend

Becky - I just want to mention this. I know you are doing your IOP and I think that's great...it is mandatory for you, from a legal standpoint, is that correct? well, really whether it is or not...I think the #1 thing you can do for yourself right now is THROW yourself into recovery....I mean completely immerse yourself in it....the drugs took over, and now it’s time for recovery to take their place...

By recovery...I don’t mean detoxing and cursing drugs forever...sure, that’s part of it...but it’s the tip of the melting iceberg. You have gone through this he!! how many times now?? You KNOW how awful the addiction gets...you KNOW that w/d feels like death....but GUESS WHAT...YOU ALWAYS GO BACK!!!! And so did I! Know why? In my mind's sick way (b/c I do believe this is an illness) I wanted off the drugs too...BAD... and each time I swore to myself NEVER again....sound familiar?

I thought the misery of weeks/months of anxiety, sleepless nights, sweats, nausea, headaches, pain would be enough...but it never was. Sure the memory of detox and w/d is always there...but it does fade after time. And absence (of trams) makes the heart (and mind) grow fonder...especially if nothing else in your life changes except eliminating the 5hiz. Soon, you remember the drug honeymoon...and the living nightmare becomes somewhat of a distant memory. It doesn’t seem like that now...you’re swearing to g-d and anyone who will listen NO MORE!

But what are you doing to insure your sobriety? What actions are you taking on your own volition - your own desire and NEED to end this Madness? not just b/c you have been forced to take them or risk losing your freedom/family/kids -- but b/c you have the desire, the need to live? Lifetslyle change, social changes, environment changes, behavior modification, 12 steps, f2f cognitive therapy...you have to do whatever it takes to change your patterns, Becky. Change your thinking, change your way of life... because if nothing else changes, neither will you habit and addiction.