Notices

havn't been round lots to say, relapsing

Old 02-26-2009, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

havn't been round lots to say, relapsing

Thought life would be OK sober long time, left hub got new apartment good two months. ex's fam sent son #2 hom very scitzo. eX need me to see lawyer. off work am alone and drinking first time in so long ready to call it quits. think just too much to handle for me. Anyone.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Damn binging and ready to call it quits. don't think I was mean't for this life.
Really want to leave life all together right now
Old 02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not the beer talking me, was hoping beer would help should of know better.

compared to life tho not so bad.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

slow down.

are you okay? by okay, i mean are you safe?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey, Gail;

Any updates since last post? I remember when you first started posting, about 2 years ago, you were about to leave your husband. I thought then that it was the right thing for you, but you didn't go through with it at the time. You decided that you'd spend the winter where you were and make a decision in the spring. Now you're updating to let us know you left, but you didn't provide us with much detail.

What's going on now? Where are you living? Are you safer and better off now than you were before? I hope so, because it didn't sound like your husband was being very helpful for you.

It sounds like you finally made the decision to leave, and in the long run I think this was probably a good decision. But starting a new life on your own will be a whole process and it won't come easy after having been in a relationship for so long. You have to give yourself time to adjust to being on your own. I hope you'll come back soon and let us know how you're doing.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Gail, just checking in with you. I hope you are back soon.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Gail)))
It's always difficult in the beginning.
Everything is new and sometimes just overwhelming.
But, you *can* do this.
You need to stay clean and sober. You need all your strength.
So, taking care of yourself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually is exactly what the doctor is ordering for you right now.

Let us know how it's going, Gail.
We care.
If we don't see your post right away, please pm me.

Shalom!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sorry guys was definately panick attacking over a lot that week
am ok but having difficult time with son. Won't go for medical help, police refuse to help. just trying to convince him to go to psych ward voluntarily, now new landlord is threatening to evict already cause of not understanding mental illness. Don't know if he truly is scitzoprenic but very delusional and no substances involved. Not violent or destructive just very frustrating for me and with the PTSD causing all kinds of flashbacks from living with his father 13yrs of hell. Still working like the apartment but these delusions are really hard to cope with without alcohol.

Can only take it one day at a time I guess and find a way to get him into hospital long term with or without his concent.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hippy

Hi Hun,
(((Gail)))
Haven't forgotten you, jjust tend to hang around in the same thread n mental health.
Sounds tough at the mo hun. Son gone for any help yet?
Hippy
xx
Old 03-08-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sounds very tough Gail. A lot of things can cause delusions, not just schizophrenia. Borderline Personality Disorder is one that comes to mind. Maybe he might be open to talking to someone first without the thread of hospitalisation hanging over his head? I have a history of delusions and pyschotic episodes, hallucinations, internal and external voices etc - and the right medication has helped enormously.

Are you seeing someone like a shrink or a counsellor? I hope you have someone to talk to.

It's hard to get through this stuff without drinking, but showing up sober is really the only way.

I have compulsive, obsessive suicidal thoughts so I sympathise with where your head is. Life is very hard sometimes. No doubt about it.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
To Life!

Gail,
How old is your son?
You have more control if he's still a minor.
What does his primary care doctor have to say about his condition?
And, above all else, remember to care for yourself, too.

Shalom!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

just as I was answering your questions teach, the computer locked up and crashed. Just got it back up and running today. Did manage to get son 23 in Oct. Into the psch ward at our regional health center. Has been there since the 10th I think. I have not been drinking and trying hard to stay focused. Did get evicted from the apartment had to involve police and neighbours took a fit.:wtf2 nothing to do with them.....

I found an old rental house. Rough shape but location and price is right. I had to take time off work again. Stress of it was is too much and physical sympoms of the PTSD knocked me out again. Went to emergency Monday to get note for work. Still on effexors 150's and docs uped me to three 25mg seroquels a day. Zonks me right out and sleeping, sleeping, sleeping. Bodies way of trying to heal I guess.

Seeing son in that condition did have huge triggers for me I thought I had worked through those ones years ago. Am OK but now job is in serious jeapordy and have to fall on Union and Mental Health services to help myself.
Have been in contact with sons head nurse at psych ward who has given me some excellent advice to use in my own defense and area's for finding help.

Unpacking and moving furniture around. Latest ex helped last night to get the heavy stuff in but dumped all in living room.