Notices

BV, and all the others

Old 11-23-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking BV, and all the others

I think for Christmas, at my sisters urging, I have gotten my aunt and all my other family members to pitch in enough for suboxone doctor. That is great news because I would NEVER be able to afford it on my own. They all are asking for no presnts for themselves , and all the adult christmas money to go to money for the sub. doc. Tell me thats not love.

they all said that would be the best present they could get, is for me to go back to the Becky I was before going to hell on opiates. That is such a great feeling. Of course the kiddies get their Christmas, but all the money that my mom sis aunts and everyone is asking for no presents and the money you would have spent on their presents for each other go to the sub fund.

My sis will have to hold on to/manage the money for me. Knowing me, I would make an online order for tram and say some of the money was stolen. Addicts are liars, we all know that. anyway, what do you think? I was amazed!!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you're still messing with the trams (as I was suspecting you were, based on your posts on the music thread ... the difference in your posts becomes *real* obvious to people who 'know you' like I sorta do at this point ), and can't stop them on your own by weaning, then this sounds like a reasonably good idea. You really shouldn't need very much bupe, either, cause trams are a very weak opioid. Hopefully you find a good doc. Make sure you're 100% honest with him/her. You likely should only need the 2mg bupes, on the order of 4mg/day would be my guess.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

I know that is good news for you, Becky. But...be careful in not putting all of your eggs in one suboxone basket. What are you doing to treat your addiction? It seems you would want to cover all of your bases and it would be to your advantage to get back into working a program.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree. I dont know how long you generally stay on Sub? BV? But, everyone says you HAVE to continue with therapy, meetings (which I felt guilty going to on trams) and GET a SPONSOR. So, I am going to have to be strong, which I am generally NOT. Someone told me that they wouldnt even do sub for trams, which REALLY upset me. does anyone know, and about the length of time?
Old 11-23-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Perhaps you could stay in today and worry about how long you will be on them after you start taking them. I would concentrate more on recovery. You need a good recovery structure and that should start now. The Subs are a additional tool to help you, but what really matters is treating the symptoms of why we use in the first place. My concern is you are placing all of your concerns and focus in the wrong direction.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

what do you think would create a more solid structure while on them (or did you mean after them) Anything or any advice is more than welcome. I want to do the right thing, and be ME again. You have NO idea how many many times I have relapsed. I cant even count them, longest sober time is prob. how long i was in rehab 26 days. and a while after that, but what do you suggest? Im not being a smart a## sorry if it comes across that way, I def. am not trying to be one when someone is trying to help me! I appreciate your concern and help, honestly do. I want to be free from this AWFUL up and down, and dope sick and then happy, etc. etc.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Exactly what and how much are you using, Becky?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-23-2008, 11:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

nothing... Im doing fine right now, its just the cravings.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

So, why go the suboxone route?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-23-2008, 11:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

A program, before, during and after. What are you doing today to stay sober? Are you going to meetings or working any programs?
Old 11-23-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mi vida loca

when was the last time you used?
Old 11-23-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Someone enlighten me. Don't you have to be in w/ds to take suboxone? I don't want you getting sick Becky.

And, I'm gonna nag you hon. Meetings are free.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

If you haven't already read this thread, Becky, you might find it helpful.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...give-back.html
Old 11-23-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Beck,
Are you clean now? If you are, they don't use suboxone normally for you. It only treats the physical w/d and the cravings, not the root causes of addiction (self-esteem and pain for most of us). I mean, I am a big fan of suboxone, if you can't do it any other way. But if you really are clean, then maybe antidepressants would be a better use of the money from your relatives? It does seem like you struggle with depression, Sweetie. And Suboxone is a relatively effective anti-depressant for me, but I wouldn't choose it if I hadn't been an opiate addict, because it's still a "monkey on you back." You don't need that if you don't have it yet.
KJ
Old 11-23-2008, 07:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyTennII View Post
I think for Christmas, at my sisters urging, I have gotten my aunt and all my other family members to pitch in enough for suboxone doctor. That is great news because I would NEVER be able to afford it on my own. They all are asking for no presnts for themselves , and all the adult christmas money to go to money for the sub. doc. Tell me thats not love.
LadyTenn--this brings tears to my eyes. Some of us are so blessed to have such understanding people in our lives who show their love for us by doing things such as what your family is doing for you. I have 'warm fuzzies'
Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj3880 View Post
Beck,
Are you clean now? If you are, they don't use suboxone normally for you. It only treats the physical w/d and the cravings, not the root causes of addiction (self-esteem and pain for most of us). I mean, I am a big fan of suboxone, if you can't do it any other way. But if you really are clean, then maybe antidepressants would be a better use of the money from your relatives? KJ
Becky,
From what I'm understanding, you have not been using recently but are still having cravings, am I correct? It seems that it is the cravings that keep you from going any longer than 26 days without a relapse. If this is the case, suboxone will help in that it will control those cravings and hopefully prevent you from going back to using. While the cravings are under control, you can then get the therapy and support you need as well. I would look into antidepressants as well. AS for me, I'm on both mood stabilizers and subs. I recommend subs since from what I gather you still have the cravings and urges that are keeping you chasing those little damn pills.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=ccgirl2;1995961]Someone enlighten me. Don't you have to be in w/ds to take suboxone? I don't want you getting sick Becky.
[QUOTE]

ccgirl--just to answer your question. You do NOT need to be in WD to take suboxone. You don't even have to be actively using at the same, though 99% of the time people are using when they start the subs. Subs serve 2 functions--the first is to prevent WD symptoms, but the second is to keep the cravings under control. Someone, like Lady, may be past the WD part or it might just not be an issue, but, if they (Lady) are still struggling with sometimes overwhelming cravings that lead them to start using again, suboxones will help with that. I just wanted to answer you question--any other thoughts by other sub users?
Old 11-23-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm starting subs in the next couple of weeks even though the only drug I'm currently hooked on isn't even an opiate, it's Soma, which I started abusing to control my opiate cravings. I've relapsed on percs/oxys/hydro numerous times and been in the ER six times due to drug/alcohol overdoses. The longest I've ever been clean is nine months and I thought about using opiates pretty much every hour of those nine months. NA is great but it hasn't proved to be enough for me to battle my cravings. I don't think I can take another OD and its better for me to be on Suboxone than abusing Soma on my own. Just some input from someone going on long-term subs for cravings rather then detox.

P.S. My family wants me to stay on it for life, even though I plan to taper off after a year.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
mi vida loca

i agree with the above--subs have certainly been used (not as frequently as for initial opiate discontinuation) for cravings....they do work well and i personally tried them LONG after the w/d phase for pain relief-unfortunately for me, they did NOT even touch my pain. ultimately i went back to pain management and am doing very well working my own 'program'...take care all
Old 11-24-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=sunflower1776;1996433][QUOTE=ccgirl2;1995961]Someone enlighten me. Don't you have to be in w/ds to take suboxone? I don't want you getting sick Becky.

ccgirl--just to answer your question. You do NOT need to be in WD to take suboxone. You don't even have to be actively using at the same, though 99% of the time people are using when they start the subs. Subs serve 2 functions--the first is to prevent WD symptoms, but the second is to keep the cravings under control. Someone, like Lady, may be past the WD part or it might just not be an issue, but, if they (Lady) are still struggling with sometimes overwhelming cravings that lead them to start using again, suboxones will help with that. I just wanted to answer you question--any other thoughts by other sub users?

I dunno, if it were me, not currently addicted to opiates. I would "control" my cravings with a pure anagonist like naloxone or naltrexone. BUPE IS A VERY POTENT OPIATE, if you're already past the detox, take a pure antagonist and you'll not have to detox again. Plus, many who have been put on these have had a drastic reduction in cravings and felt much better than those that didn't.