View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Mr.Hyde

[QUOTE=sunflower1776;1996433][QUOTE=ccgirl2;1995961]Someone enlighten me. Don't you have to be in w/ds to take suboxone? I don't want you getting sick Becky.

ccgirl--just to answer your question. You do NOT need to be in WD to take suboxone. You don't even have to be actively using at the same, though 99% of the time people are using when they start the subs. Subs serve 2 functions--the first is to prevent WD symptoms, but the second is to keep the cravings under control. Someone, like Lady, may be past the WD part or it might just not be an issue, but, if they (Lady) are still struggling with sometimes overwhelming cravings that lead them to start using again, suboxones will help with that. I just wanted to answer you question--any other thoughts by other sub users?

I dunno, if it were me, not currently addicted to opiates. I would "control" my cravings with a pure anagonist like naloxone or naltrexone. BUPE IS A VERY POTENT OPIATE, if you're already past the detox, take a pure antagonist and you'll not have to detox again. Plus, many who have been put on these have had a drastic reduction in cravings and felt much better than those that didn't.