OT- Prayers for those in Hurricane Ike Please

Old 09-11-2008, 08:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT- Prayers for those in Hurricane Ike Please

I really believe in prayer. My dad called me this morning. My dad NEVER calls me. Never. Well he just called and said that he loves me. Then he said that he is in the path of hurricane Ike and its a catagory 4. It will be a dirrect hit where he is. So please pray for all those who are in the path. I will be.

Im one who likes to bury my head in the sand then to watch the news and see all that is happening in this world. But I do know there has been hurricane after hurricane hit in the south. I dont know what exactly a catagory 4 is but its not good. This is simply not the way I wanted to start my day.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and prayers to all in Ike's path. There are several people, here on SR, who are in the path also. Many just evacuated for Gustav, and are looking at another evacuation.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your prayers. We are in the path of Ike. Where I live is under a mandatory evacuation. I'm at my parents about 50 miles north of where I live. I will keep all of you update whenever possible.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Tanya)))
Old 09-11-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

Sending prayers for all of our dear SR friends and families in Ike's path.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

sorry it posted twice lol
Old 09-11-2008, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Here's where to go to get current info:

National Hurricane Center

Click on the hurricane you are interested in and it will show you the current path.

The site is updated every 2 hours, times are eastern times, and sometimes more often if there is a change.

Right now Ike is a Cat 2 and if you click on Ike you will see his current projected path and the approximate times.

Hope this helps.............................

Love and hugs,
Old 09-11-2008, 12:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My prayers go out to all in the path of hurricane Ike and those who have suffered damages of previous hurricanes. Thank you Tanya for the updates when you can get out. My dad lives in Missouri City TX and I dont know where that is in corrdinance with the hurricane. I think its about 40 miles inland. I hope you and your families remain safe and you HP give you strength for the aftermath.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
BBD

Prayers coming from NY. I can't even imagaine the mess this will make. I'm glad you relocated Tonya. Thats the smart thing to do.....and GwenMarie~~extra prayers for your dad. Thanks for the info Laurie. My hubby is a real nut with the weather and I'm sure he'll be checking out that site. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Prayers for everyone in Ike's path...

Hopefully everyone has taken it seriously and evacuated...

Prayers for sunny skies!
Old 09-11-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Prayers for all our SR friends trying to evacuate & preparing for Ike.

We are preparing to leave in the morning if necessary - we should not be a direct hit - but are in line for hurricane force winds, tidal waves, power losses, etc. - not as severe as Hurricane Rita, but close to it.

Pray that Ike will NOT gain strength - If it can stay a CAT 2 or below it is better - anything above a Cat 3 is devastating.

Also please pray for those families that have A's that are affected.

This high stress situations usually bring out LOTS OF EMOTIONS/DRAMAS/RELAPSES etc. so in addition to the hurricane you also deal with the active part of the disease. I'm sure extra prayers and good thougths would be greatly appreciated.

We will probably loose power - so I'll check in with my SR family as soon as I can - whether it is from a hotel in Mississippi or from my house when power is restored.

Wishing you Serenity, Joy & Peace,
Rita
Old 09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Saying prayers for everyone in Ike's path. It has been devastating in the islands because Gustave brought so much rain and now Ike brought more and heavy winds.
They showed Pencacola already flooding the streets (toward the top of Florida).
This has been an awful season for storms so far. I hope everyone leaves as they suggest. God Bless All.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Called my dad to see if I could get thru and no answer from anyone. Ive heard power is out. Im worried sick. I was watching the news and they saidthat for thse that dont evacuate could mean certain death. Why would they say that on the news? Dont they know how bad it scares us? Im in tears. I need a hug.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My prayers are continued for all those in the path of Ike and the aftermath.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh man....I'm thinking of you and your father!!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for those in Ike's path and those lives impacted by natural disasters.

(((Gwen)))) The warning you heard was only in a certain area that they were saying evacuate or certain death. It was in an area directly along the water where they know for sure because of the waves, etc that it will be pretty washed over. From what you have said, this isn't where your dad is, and I am sure the people who had to have evacuated. Hugs and lots of prayers.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Sending prayers...
Old 09-13-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say thx for all the prayers guys ('n gals)....and thx greeteachday for your input/info; in times like these--storms 'n such, there's a tendency to hysteria, especially with partial info or misheard info, or even misinformation being transmitted......grrrrrr

Yes, Ike came ashore as a Cat 2, but the storm surge was equal to a Cat 4, so there's likely to be lots of flooding, especially to the south and east of Houston proper (although we're getting some flooding, bayous especially, here too....and lots of rain, and lots of wind.....grrrrrr), and of course for the entire coastline.

Hey Gwen, if you have a cell phone, and your dad has a cell phone, you might try sending a text message; when voice doesn't work due to the storm, often texts will go through; we learned this with the help of Katrina and Rita. I wish I could help you regarding your dad, but although I've lived here over 20 years, I'm terrible with geography.

Keep up the prayers y'all. I'm hearing about lots and lots of folks without power (1.3 million customers; 2.9 million people), and they probably won't have power for perhaps upwards of two-three weeks. I'm truly blessed where I live; I lost my ComCast TV channels at about 10pm last night, but can watch live streaming cbs local station on their website (HOUSTON, TEXAS NEWS | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas and click on the right side where it says 11 news live coverage tracking ike); the power here at my complex went out at about 2:30am, but came back at about 6:30 this morning.....truly, truly blessed...... (o:

So again, thx for the prayers, and keep em comin ...... (o:

NoelleR

P.S. .....I see that Tanya hasn't come back....she moved 50 miles away from her home, but 50 miles isn't that much when you consider that Ike was 600 miles across.....so keep yer prayers up..... (o:
Old 09-13-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((Noelle))))
Glad to hear you are okay. I have been amazied watching the news that so much of Houston still has power. We lose it where i live when the wind whips above about 15 mph, lol.

I am grateful to hear too that the people on the stalled freighter survived the storm...How difficult to know they need help but be unable due to conditions.

My prayers continue for the safety and comfort of all those impacted and for those who have been hurt or lost their lives and the people who love them.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Reporting in from SW Louisiana

we rec'd some hurricane force winds, severe flooding and power outages starting around 12:30 am -

no loss of life reported in Calcasieu Parish (thank you HP)!!

bldgs do have the 1st flood completely flooded from the storm surge, still under tornado warnings and will be until 7 pm. power will probably be out for a few more days.

CNN & other national news centers sometimes report things a little bias - if you can find a local news station - Gwen you may get more acurate reports. from our local station we are getting pictures of lots of flooding in Corpus Christi, Galveston and areas in southeast Texas. Have not heard of ANY deaths - have heard of people being rescued in flooded homes - but NO deaths.

not saying any aren't but just not been report yet - ok?

Texts usually do go thru better than voice calls - as someone else said - also if they are in a shelter the Red Cross will help you locate them.

Still sending out prayers for our friends & Families in SE Texas - please be safe especially those using generators, with high waters & power lines & the potential fires - we have some occuring in our city right now and the streets are so flooded it's hard for the fire trucks to get to the homes. So please, please be safe.

LOVE & HUGS,
Rita