OT- Prayers for those in Hurricane Ike Please

Old 09-13-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Have heard from some friends in the path, some cell phones are working and it's not pretty. CNN is doing some great coverage.

Ike is now a tropical storm but is still quite wide, was 700 miles WIDE when Ike made landfall.

Here's where he's headed as a tropical storm and will be dropping tons of RAIN, so those in this path, please 'batten down your hatches.'

Tropical Storm IKE

Thank you.

Love and hugs and prayers,
Old 09-13-2008, 12:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Again, thx fer all yer prayers.....

In case y'all missed it.....our local cbs station here in Houston is KHOU, and they are doing streaming video of all their news (which obviously is all they're transmitting at this time.....there website is.....:

HOUSTON, TEXAS NEWS | KHOU.com | News for Houston, Texas

One thing to add to yer prayers is for the people who evacuated their homes for the storm, and their houses have burned (I don't know how many there are); there have been fires which broke out during the height of the storm which firefighters just couldn't reach (even now there are a couple of fires just burning out of control, but can't be reached to fight)....

Again, thx for the prayers, and keep em comin..... (o:

NoelleR
Old 09-13-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

prayers for all those whose homes have been damaged due to Ike - by flooding, fires, wind -whatever the cause

prayers for their safety and their emotional comfort.

sending out good thougths that they will be able to feel the presence of their Higher Power surrounding them and comforting them during this horrible situation; praying that all those that struggle with the disease will seek comfort in the right ways and not in the substance that leads them on that downward spiral.

praying that all those who do not know about their family will be able to talk to them soon.

Rita
Old 09-13-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Im still praying. No news from dad yet. Thanks so much for all the update from those who can get out and those with the useful resources. my continued prayers for everone.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My dad called me really early this morning. I missed the call. But he left me a voice mail to say that they were of. No power or water but they are ok. Ive tried to call several times but it just goes to his voice mail. He sounded so down.

Prayers continue for those who are dealing with the aftermath of Ike.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

((GwenMarie))

I'm glad you heard from your dad. My dad drives a van (makes deliveries) and is on his way to the Galveston area with supplies from home depot. Atlanta is sending Red Cross volunteers and people from the power company. I wish I could go to help, but can't afford to miss work.

Hugs and prayers continuing for those affected by Ike!

Amy
Old 09-14-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

a li'll houston update

Thx for all your prayers.....

I am truly blessed where I live; we have power, and are slowly getting water pressure back---till then we're using pool water for the commodes....

Now for the yucky stuff.....it's truly a mess; we had a downpour early this morning (about 05:00) which made the bayous flood over their banks and water to go into neighborhood streets, and into homes.....the water is slowly receding.....BUT, major thoroughfares have lots of flooding (the highways have lots of low places where they are the underpasses for the city streets (which overpass the highways), and where the streets are underpassing the highways, they are flooded.....grrrrr ...and of course the feeder roads are flooding.....and the regular neighborhood streets........it's all guesswork whether you'll get through or not, and many folks are getting stuck, both in stalled traffic and stuck in standing water....some cars totally underwater and/or just floating away with the folks inside just getting rescued in time, in the incidents I've seen so far.....

.....and, of course, to top it all off.....gas....? well, the stations that have gas, most of them don't have power so they can't pump the gas, and the stations that have power to pump are either out of gas, or will be out shortly.....grrrrr of course, more fuel is on the way, but it will first go to critical areas....fire and police, hospitals (generators, etc.) and ambulances....by the time you get down to us regular folks.....whoops, no gas today....lolol

Well, the wal-mart near me is open, so I think I'll hop over there for a few little supplies..... (o:

.....again, thx for your prayers......

NoelleR

P.S. Hey GwenMarie, I'm glad you heard from your dad.....like I said in an earlier post.....most cell phones have trouble with voice calls, but texting works great, so if you can, you may want to try to get ahold of your dad that way.... (o:
Old 09-14-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Still Standing

I'm happy that you heard from your Dad and he's okay, GwenMarie. I know that you must be so relieved.

NoelleR, I'm glad to hear that everything is okay with you and yours also. Be very careful out there.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

NoelleR - glad you are safe - be careful traveling on those streets and good gravy be safe in Wal-Mart - sometimes that can seem like a war zone!! lol

praying the rain stops soon for your area - it has slowed down here but the flood waters are still rising - by God's Grace the rescue personal are being able to get to those trapped in their homes.

Cameron parish is still closed & under water - no one is able to find out about damage to their homes - maybe by late Monday or early Tues.

we are keeping those prayers going for everyone.

Gwen glad you heard from your dad - will keep praying for him too.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

More prayers for our friends in the path of Ike. Hope ya'll are doing okay.

Ar. got a lot of wind-some power out. Neighbors got the limbs off my roof yesterday.

Be safe!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

According to the news we have gotten - so far 25 deaths because of Ike.

here in Lake Charles, LA area - two men who came from Oklahoma to help power companies were electrocuted yesterday - they were taken to local hospitals with 3rd degree burns - no update on their condition this morning - please keep them & their families in your prayers - hate this happened to anyone - but especially someone who gave of their time to come and help us!!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

(((Rita))) -extra prayers to the guys who were electrocuted. Dad is on his way back from north Houston...he made a delivery for Home Depot. He hasn't seen much damage, but says everything was closed once he crossed over into TX.

((Noelle)) - I'm glad you are checking in. Sounds like a big mess, but I'm so glad you are safe.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy