Notices

Please welcome SebastianHi, my name is Sebastian.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please welcome SebastianHi, my name is Sebastian.

Hi Sebastian,

I moved your post here as I know you were having difficulty starting one of your own.

Hi, my name is Sebastian.
First of all, I am sorry I burge like this into someones elses thread. I am new here as well, and tried placing my own thread but couldnŽt get it aproved.
I am 29, about to turn 30 and I am an alcoholic and a addict to cocaine. I have been drinking on a regular basis since I am 13, and doing coke since i am 17. At this time I have two days being sober. My body is al shaky, I tell people i am hiperactive. Thank God I actually am somewhat, but know this spasms are not normal. I have a harder time breathing sometimes, and I am just concerned in general with my health, I know i look young and very healthy, but i know it might no be exactly what I am thinking. MEntally, I am very paranoid and suffer from depressions constantly, I am just not good at taking blows, like my brothers death or ending a 6 year relationship. I can manage those things right.
My consumption however limits itself to the weekends and party nights although, in recent months, once in a while, i would just do blow watching movies for a whole night. I have come to enjoy that. Going next morning to work with my eyes red, tiredm and sleepless to finish the left overs of my coke while I work. I just had a 3 day on going party by myself that ended saturday, i have many memory lapsus there that I just have no idea what happened. fortunately no one is hurt, my car is complete(stupid me, i was driving!!!). I just have been telling my self that I would stop 3 months ago, and I cannot stop. I am kidding myself and killing myself. I have many business projects coming up, and my daughter and all my future that I see with good eyes, I dont want to screw it up, I am scared I might just not be able to make it through.
sebastianm78
Old 02-18-2008, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

glad you found this site, sebastion. i have a daughter with alcohol/cocaine addiction, so i think i can understand some of your struggle.

are you considering seeing a doctor about detoxing or going to aa?

keep posting! lots of folks here to listen and support you.

blessings, k
Old 02-18-2008, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Sebastian,

We do understand how hard it is to get and stay sober.

There is hope and you will find lots of support here.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fighting the good fight

Hey Sebastian, welcome to SR.

My story's pretty similar to yours, started getting hammered when I was 13 and I'm 31 now. I went through acid, speed, E's and heroin, but finally just stuck with alcohol.

I have been sober for 65 Days now, keep posting and reading, it's a really good place. Send me a pm if you wanna chat, and take it easy.

My advice is to just get through today and take it from there. I have been going to AA because I realised after years of struggling that I can't do this on my own. I am incapable of staying away from drink and drugs on my own, I just can't do it.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the family Sebastian. We are here for you.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Sebastian,
Your story sounds a bit like mine. I kept the horror going until age 36. You don't have to do that. Believe that you can do it- stop - and know that many here believe you can as well. Seek out some sort of recovery program - I like AA - and see what you can achieve. Keep posting and keep trying. you can do this!
Mike
Old 02-18-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi and welcome Sebastian .
Old 02-18-2008, 06:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Naturally Occuring Phenomenon

welcome!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering Alcoholic/Addict

Welcome to SR Sebastian.

There are good people here who care about others and who will not judge you. You have taken a good first step. Do you have a doctor you can visit? If so, it can help a lot when you first get started on a sober life.

Hang in there.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

Hey Sebastian welcome
Old 02-18-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome Sebastian! Glad you are here!
Old 02-18-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Sebastian.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you here with us....
Welcome!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You will make it. Just pray everytime you feel like you are getting weak. That's what I've been doing. Take it one minute at a time. I have been sober now for 5 days. This site has helped me a lot. Stick to it. You can do this.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Sebastian -- you're in the right place...

Listen, learn, read, post... You've taken the right first steps.....

HUGS!! ~C
Old 02-19-2008, 12:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

that is a lot of replies!!! thanks to all. I really feel supported here. I am actually seeing a doctor, who will be doing all types of evaluations. I need to know how my heand and body are at this point. I hope everything is ok. But right now, I am doing fine. Just trying to thing of today and not the weekend again. Get too many urges. I am sorry I was not online more today, its just hard getting used to but i will. I will be sharing tomorrow more with you guys. Again thanks for all the support
Old 02-19-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome Sebastian you have come to the right place! Please keep posting and sharing and know that you are not alone in this! Glad that you are seeing a doctor-step in the right direction!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome Sebastian.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning. Everyone. thanks for the support. Again, I am sorry yesterday was such a bad response in my behalf. Well, about me, I am from Ecuador South America, so culture is somewhat different. I guess it just makes it easier to get involved, and cheap. As I said, I have been doing it for over 10 years, with some ups and downs in the rythm of comsumption. But the honest truth is for the last 5 months, i dont enjoy it anymore. I just need it. And I am about to turn 30, and I have so many things coming along. A great business project, a great job opportunity, not that I am doing too bad, and most importantly, my relationship with my little daughter is getting better, I feel I want to settle as well. So all these things have added up and I realized a few months ago it was time to move on, failing on doing so. Although iŽve done a clinic addiction treatment once before, I was never really that serious about it until now. It was more like, just to keep people from being all over my stuff.

Anyways, I am not sure it counts, but is 3 days sober and counting. Although my body is still kind fo shaking at times and i have continued tics in my legs or hands or neck. Cant seem to be able to stop moving. I did get offered a drink yesterday, and i did say no. But my problem is more the weekend than anything. So weŽll see.
Also, I was able to run for 30 min. and do weight lifting afterwards, so I cannot be that bad physically speaking?? Can I??
Old 02-20-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=sebastianm78;1680058]
Anyways, I am not sure it counts, but is 3 days sober and counting. QUOTE]

Three days counts! --and counts, and counts, and counts! That's AWWESOME!!

~C