Notices

Please welcome SebastianHi, my name is Sebastian.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Sebastian welcome to SR. Glad to hear you are going to see a doctor, you are right now at a crucial point in your life, you sound as though you are willing to do what ever it takes to stay sober and clean. Do not sit and ponder this, act on it!

Be willing to listen to the doctor, if the doctor says you should go to rehab or detox go! If your doctor tells you to get into a recovery program like AA, do it!

A recovery program is crucial to long term sobriety, I was 52 when I finally quit drinking, I could have never stayed sober with out a recovery program, I use AA for my recovery, but there are other recovery programs out there as well.

Stay in touch, as I am sure you have found, you are not alone in this and never will be unless you choose to be.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Congratulations on 3 days!
Yes, three days counts, three hours counts, three minutes counts. The bottom line is, you made a healthy decision that is not only going to effect your life, but your daughters and everyone else who loves and cares about you.

Shakes are normal. Anxiety, pacing, not being able to sit still all comes with getting off the drugs and alcohol. We are no longer feeding our bodies the poison we had been and it's reacting. I'm glad you are seeing a Dr. There can be dangerous reprecussions of trying to detox alone and unsupervised. I hope at least someone who is close to you knows what's going on with you. Just in case. Not trying to scare you, just being realistic.

Take it from me, I'm 45 years old and started numbing myself at the age of 11. I used for 32 years before I FINALLY can say with Pride and tears of Gratitude that I have a little over 2 1/2 years Clean, Sober and Free!

Hang in there. Keep posting, as you can see from the responses you have gotten, people do care.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

How are you guys? Well, is a fourth day. IŽve been actually dealing with some urges today, but I know tomorrow will be the day I am more afraid of. Still, I look forward to it, to see how I can manage. I know I should be one day at a time, and thats what I am trying. Thanks Taz ans Serenityqueen for your support guys, really helps knowing I have aplace where to come to in any need. I am just trying to keep one day at a time. I havent told anyone yet, but I will, I do need someone close, as you said, its important to be coutious(is that right?). I am however feeling very happy and posittive, I am actually trying to be very realistic though, i know how i might get by the end of the week. ALthough my family asks all the time why I am grumpy, so not sure whats the deal, it seems I cant deal with people right now. Glad they leave hours away in a way. Also, body still shaking, but its relaxed a little. I am still running and doing work out and feeling great. I should be seeing the doctor tonight, weŽll see what they say. thanks four your support guys.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Actually a concern.
If I say to myself, not today Sebastian, not today. It will be better in a few months. although i know i dont want it in a few months, but it kind of helps me through the rest of the hour at least, is that ok? I am urging....
Old 02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

hi Sebastian, welcome to SR
Old 02-22-2008, 05:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

hey guys, so is fridya, and iŽve been having urges since I woke up this morning. is as if now that I am trying to quit i think about it even more. Any advices?????
Old 02-22-2008, 05:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey guys how are oyou? So I am quite concerned. I woke up with urges today. have been like that all day. It seems now more than ever before i have urges and usually, it doesnt start until the evening. Any advice?? Not sure what to do...
Old 02-22-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sebastian,

I think, as your body and mind accepts the fact that you are no longer drinking, the addict voice speaks louder to you, as it fears losing its power.

My advice is to do something, anything to take your mind off drinking for a few minutes. Can you go for a long walk, listen to some music, call someone, whatever works for you.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

well, its funny my mind plays logic. it says if you drink, you dont need coke. if you do cocaine, you dont need to drink. i am trying to play with the logic, thinking if i dont do it today I will enjoy it more next week. not sure it works. I am just thinking of doing it but thanks Anna, i am trying to stay busy, at the office right now, at the phone with clients. talking about my daughter, having a concert tonight....thinking about the gym
Old 02-22-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds good Sebastian!

Each time you get through one of these cravings, it will make it easier the next time.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

thanks guys...i am struggling pretty bad actually! I am soooooooooo glad I erased all numbers! at this point! wow, just to prove, how naive I was of my needs, it is just perplexing how much I am thinking of it now. Never really looked at it that way.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Sebastian-- Hold on there, friend...

It's only one day. You can do 24 hours, especially since a chunk of it is already on its way out.

You only need to make it through today and you can... You're so very worth it.
~C
Old 02-22-2008, 12:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

WOW..i actyually have made it so far. too bad i dont have a computer near me for the rest of the evening, the hardest time. BUt i feel confident. Urges are still there, but I havent been listening. Is just like a constant buzzing though, it kind of has me all hyper and moody though. Just need some peace of mind
Old 02-26-2008, 05:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Guys, so I have 10 days sober if I am counting right!! I actually have been sick for a ocuple of days, so that might have helped. but for now everything is ok. i guess is the weekend again when i will worry although i am having more urges today then regularly.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:57 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Sebastian, 10 days is AWESOME, friend!! ~ you're coming UP the hill... stay with us. I'm so glad you're here!

~C
Old 02-26-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks so much "theonlyway" or C. not sure how to call you. I am struggling but is good to have peoples support. I am pretty tired all the time lately though. I am not what that could be.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I've slept a LOT in my early days of soberity, Sebastian. Take what you can from it. You body, your mind and your soul heal more quickly when we sleep.
Thanks for being here!