I'm officially the 'crazy' neighbor lady now :)

Old 08-03-2007, 03:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face I'm officially the 'crazy' neighbor lady now :)

Just had to share this...

Late yesterday afternoon, I got a surge of energy. Never mind that it was 96 degrees out. I decided to cut back an overgrown bush in my backyard. I took my hedge clippers and started cutting away at this bush with a vengence when all of a sudden, I was SWARMED by bees. I mean swarmed!!! Little buggers must have a hive in the base of this bush!!

I ran away as I began to feel bee stings on my arm. I didn't know what to do or if they were still following me so I ran towards my garden hose in the front yard thinking I would spray myself down with water to get rid of them. As I'm in the front yard, I realize they have gotten down my pants and into my shirt. They were stinging my belly. I promptly pulled my pants down and took off my shirt, screaming and running around in circles the entire time. And then I ran into my house and grabbed my cell phone. My brother is deathly allergic to bees and my first thought was that I might need to call 911 in the event that I'm allergic too. Its been YEARS since I was stung...let alone stung 8 times.

The kids down the street must have gotten a real eye-ful as I ran around screaming, pulling off my clothes...I bet I'll be the talk of the neighborhood now!! None of them know I was running from bees and being stung...they only know I was the crazy lady who was running around in my yard screaming, flapping my arms around, and then suddenly pulling off my clothing. I can only imagine what they must be thinking.

Perfect example, I guess, that things aren't ALWAYS what they seem, huh?

Anywho...I'm fine...must not be allergic to bees.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Sorry about the bees, I must admit you post gave me chuckle, I could visualize the entire event, must have been quite a show!
Old 08-03-2007, 03:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry that the bees attacked you, but thank you for the laugh this morning. I'm sure the kids do think of you as the crazy lady. If that is the case maybe they won't bother you with ringing the door bell and running away etc. Hope you are feeling better.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

OWWWWWIE! That must have hurt and crazy or not, you did well to keep your head thinking straight.

Blasted bees, anyway. This little b*ggers land on me and sting even when I don't know they are around. No standing still for me, like you I run like the wind when I see one.

Hope you are okay today, and I'd be fumigating the whole yard and ensure those bees don't regroup and attack again.

Yikes!!! You just lived my worst nightmare.

Hugs
Old 08-03-2007, 04:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Out))

Hold on, somebody needs to help pick me up off the floor from laughing. Sorry, I just have a very vivid imagination, I could see it perfectly in my head. (-:

I'm so sorry about the stings though, that hurts. But didn't you feel just a little bit wild and free running through your yard in broad daylight slinging clothes off? LOL

If it helps any, I once was driving and felt bugs crawling all in my shorts, (had been through the woods) I ended up on the side of the road jerking my pants off, and didn't give a flying hoot who saw either.

B
Old 08-03-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

OMG! I'm so sorry, but, I had to laugh reading your tale of woe!
I too could visualize the entire thing!

On a better note, though, it's good that you *have* bees on your property. There's a shortage of bees in the US and it's a bad portent. Bees are necessary for pollinating plants and their successful reproduction.

That said, I am sorry that you were hurt. But, please don't poison them. Afterall, you would fight something that was trying to destroy *your* home, too, wouldn't you?

Glad you're not allergic!

Shalom!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the laugh this morning...I'm sorry it was at your expense, but the visual is truly priceless! I sure am glad you aren't allergic, but that must have been incredibly painful...one hurts...multiplied by 8, wow!

I too admire your ability to think clearly under pressure! So glad you are all right!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i can't help it i laughed my head off... i can see you running around like that.yep, you are the crazy lady in the neighborhood. i am sorry you got stung, i really am.get some spray & go get'em.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Out, Sorry for your pain, but the visuals were stunning I remember one time my husband and I were deer hunting and he shot a buck and he was cleaning it when all of a sudden he started screaming and running. I did not know what had happened. It turned out he had layed the deer on top of a nest of bald-faced hornets and they were not too happy with him. Thank goodness he had on a full suit of camo clothes and did not get stung too many times. Glad that you are okay. Maybe you could hang a sign in your front yard with a warning. "Intended for mature audiences only." Hugs, Marle
Old 08-03-2007, 04:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for laughing *with* me, my friends. I have to chuckle everytime I think about it.

I don't know what I'm going to wear to work today. Anything that touches my waist is going to rub against all the stings. Maybe I'll just go in naked...what the heck...I'm beyond modesty at this point. This would guarantee me a one way ticket to crazyville...somedays I think I live there anyway!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

HAHAHAHA!! Oh, sorry for laughing at your plight, but those were funny visuals!! Hope your stings are better! Try putting a paste of baking soda and a little water on them.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

OH Out...yep I laughed too!
Those bites will be itching like crazy for a spell.

You do know that those kids can't look at you now without seeing you in your underwear! lol
Old 08-03-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

LOL........oh so sorry for the stings but I imagine that you are the neighborhood crazy lady now!!!! I can just imagine that happening!

Well, I shouldn't say much, my neighbors think I am crazy for talking to my plants on the back porch!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

First off I am glad your not allergic to bees. But I also had a picture in my head of you running around with a water hose and taking your clothes off. LMAO.... I am so glad your okay though.

Hugs,
jewel
Old 08-03-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Such a good giggle this morning! Sorry about your pain-did you try the old meat tenderizer trick? I got stung by a hornet on the "boob" once-looked life a lopsided Dolly Pardon. Codie? maybe you can add nudie to it? Hope the pain stops soon. LOL
Old 08-03-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
let it grow!

wish you were my neighbor................k
Old 08-03-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

Oh my gosh...considering how HOT it was here yesterday I'd say you were more crazy for going outside than you were for taking your clothes off, bees or no bees!

Hope your stings go away soon!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Out, When I got up this morning I was feeling down in the dumps. Well, you sure took care of that. You have me cracking up. I have to admit I never laugh at someones pain, but this is one for America's Funniest Home Videos.

Thanks for cheering me up.........I hope all the bumps and swelling go away soon.

BEEEEEEE Careful out there............Lois
Old 08-03-2007, 09:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Glad your ok but i must say, you made me laugh out loud and that's not that easy to get me to do these days!!! THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES, THANKS!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

That is too funny...i am allergic too...i have a tendancy to get a bit excited too when bees are around, in facts like Ann bees love screwing with me. Anyway, I am sure soon thier fathers will be watching for the crazy neighbor lady too. The one who does yard work, starts bouncing around, strips and runs inside screaming. I think you should watch for men perched on thier houses, peeping out windows and sitting in lawn chairs drinking beer. My family was being attacked by ground hornets while putting up a deer feeder, they look like bees only a little bigger. My friend fell on the ground immediatley and threw his cowboy hat over his face and never moved. After about 75-100 bites on us from running and trying to get into the truck he ended up with NO bites, who'ed a thunk it. Apparently bees are attracked to movement and I think carbon monoxide, the painful reality. He laid there till they calmed down and he was fine. He is the only true cowboy I know and he has more nerve than I do......i recommend running. Take care.