Just for today-naranon style

Old 04-07-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just for today-naranon style

Just for today-I will try to live through this day omly, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for 12 hours that appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for Today-I will be happy. This assumes to be true what Abraham Lincoln said, that "most folks are as happy as they make their minds to be."

Just for Today-I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my "luck" as it comes, and fit myself to it.

Just for Today-I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. i will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.

Just for Today-I will exercise my soul in three ways; I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don't want to do-just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Just for Today-I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticize not one bit, not find fault with anything, and not try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.

Just for Today-I will have a programme. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indecision.

Just for Today-I will have a quite half hourall by myself, and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get better perspective of my life.

Just for Today-I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

JUST FOR TODAY I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will cahse them away and fill it with sunshine.

JUST FOR TODAY I will accept what is. I willf ace reality. I will correct those things I can correct adn accept those things I cannot.

JUST FOR TODAY I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's a keeper, CWK, thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs
Old 04-07-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your welcome. I stumbled upon some old stuff when I was doing well in recovery a year ago. Figured it was a good time for a refresher-sorta back to basics.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks cinder, that was an inspiration for me too.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Caught me on one of those day's too! Something to read everyday.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Cinder
Feeling a little low this Easter without my daughter. Thanks for the refresher on Just for Today.

Terri
Old 04-07-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks for the posting this.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Amen to that, sister! If we just keep these things in mind...I'm going to print this and keep it handy!

Thanks.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have that in my purse. It was a bookmark at one time. I think I got it at a Al-anon meeting about 15 yrs ago. It is so appropriate even today. I take it out about every 3 days and read it. It just makes the day better!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks! I will try and take care of myself with these steps! And, I won't feel selfish about taking care of me for once!
Old 04-07-2007, 08:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so grateful that our Naranon family always has more than 12 members attending each week. In the beginning of the meeting we introduce ourself, say how we feel and read a step. But when the steps are done, we go to the Just for Today in the Naranon Blue Book...Although I read it several times a week and have for almost a year, I look forward to it every time. The first two are particularly helpful to me in times of stress. What an amazing discovery to finally realize I am responsible for my own happiness and serenity!

Thanks you Cind, for posting this today. Hugs
Old 04-08-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i too have that on a bookmark - and at the beginning of the alanon meeting we take turns reading one step - last meeting we had enough in just the beginners to go through all twelve steps - it does help doesn't it? - i hope things are better for everyone ((((((cinder)))))) et al;

just for today i wish us all peace...

love,
s
Old 04-08-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's really great. I needed that "just for today"....and EVERY DAY!!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
krhea75

Cinder,
Thanks sweetie, i am gong to make a copy and carry it with like the others do. I need to keep my eye on the present.THe line about fear really hit me. I am afraid for my son's recovery...Just for today, I will accept what is.
krhea
Old 04-09-2007, 11:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's incredible how reading and rereading all this simple stuff makes such a big difference. I love the way I feel after a meeting--I've been reminded of the simplest, stupidest things--that it's ok to take care of myself, that it's ok to say "no" to my husband's exotic demands, that it's ok to feel good even when someone I love is hurting--but it's so easy to forget when I don't go to a meeting.

Thanks for the reminder!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

just for today i will stick with my boundaries
Old 04-09-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I printed it out as well. Thank you I needed that...
HUGS
way
Old 04-14-2007, 05:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Its another day and another week and I thought Id bump this up for any who may have forgotten.

Hugs to you all
Old 04-14-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Cinder
Week-ends seem to be more dificult for me. I needed this reminder this morning to just focus on today.
Terri