View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cinderellawkids

Just for today-naranon style

Just for today-I will try to live through this day omly, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for 12 hours that appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for Today-I will be happy. This assumes to be true what Abraham Lincoln said, that "most folks are as happy as they make their minds to be."

Just for Today-I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my "luck" as it comes, and fit myself to it.

Just for Today-I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study. I will learn something useful. i will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.

Just for Today-I will exercise my soul in three ways; I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least two things I don't want to do-just for exercise. I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Just for Today-I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, talk low, act courteously, criticize not one bit, not find fault with anything, and not try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.

Just for Today-I will have a programme. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indecision.

Just for Today-I will have a quite half hourall by myself, and relax. During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get better perspective of my life.

Just for Today-I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

JUST FOR TODAY I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will cahse them away and fill it with sunshine.

JUST FOR TODAY I will accept what is. I willf ace reality. I will correct those things I can correct adn accept those things I cannot.

JUST FOR TODAY I will gather the courage to do what is right and take responsibility for my own actions.