Notices

Unbearable Pain...

Old 10-29-2006, 08:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Unbearable Pain...

Dear all, I am in terrible pain emotionally, and I would like nothing better than to make it go away. I have brought all of the pain on myself through drinking and deceitful behavior. How can I go on? How can I forgive myself? I'm not sure...... I'd like to drink to forget it, but I tried that in the past and it just brought more misery....... Please pray for me.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh, I understand. I continued the cycle of drinking for a long time because I tried to make the pain go away and I couldn't face the mess I'd made of my life. But, you know what, in the end you have to deal with it and it can be done. Forgiving yourself is hard and it takes awhile. I think forgiveness for yourself comes in waves and it doesn't happen all at once.

You can stop drinking and live a good life. There's lots of support here.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Midas

*prayers*

Old 10-29-2006, 08:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

I am so sorry for this situation.
Prayers coming your way.

When I started my AA recovery program
I too was miserable.
I learned how to deal with life with serenity
from meetings.

Blessings..
Old 10-29-2006, 09:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hello and welcome to SR. id just like to let you know that ive been right where you are now. i know how it is to feel hopeless. youve taken a very important step in the right direction by comeing here. what your feeling now is only temporary. it helped me to post here and read. there are alot of wonderful caring people here at SR who can help. i would post and ask questions and read and share and before i knew it had helped me get out of self so to speak. im an addict and alcoholic so i started attending NA and AA meetings in my area and that along with SR has really changed my life for the better. PLEASE dont give up, it will get better, it takes work but it does get better, and it didnt take very long for me to feel the difference. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU, but you hang in there and keep posting and sharing. if you take the advice of those here like i have it wont be long and you will feel better!! GOD BLESS YOU AND YOU ARE IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. if you want you can IM me just to talk, i'll listen all night if need be.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery. You have taken the first step by coming here seeking help and admiting you have a problem. Have you considered an AA meeting? Life doesnt have to be like this.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

SufferingInOhio,

I am ashamed of my drinking and what I have done to keep a lifestyle that I could not afford. I too feel that my actions are unforgivable. I take solace in the fact that if I stay sober I won't do all the other nasty things associated with it. For example, I won't lie to my parents and I won't throw money around at the bars and clubs like a clown. I now realize that some of my behaviors were totally asinine. There is a way to resolve these issues. I am much more humble now.

Cubbie
Old 10-30-2006, 01:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Aw don't be ashamed, we ain't perfect, the trick is to live with yourself and even the more stupid things you do, lol.

Marte
Old 11-04-2006, 06:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Smile