Notices

my first day off vicoden...HELP!!!!!

Old 09-12-2006, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my first day off vicoden...HELP!!!!!

I posted my confession last night, I am officially an addict. I've been taking vicoden for a while, now I don't need it for pain, but i take it any way. I am still on a small dose, 2 pills a day, plus xanax, but I know I have a problem and I need to stop before it is out of control. I know some of you may think this is a small problem, but I can't stop. I am gradually taking more and more, and I know it will only get worse. I need support and this computer is my only link to help. I do not have a car and my husband works all of the time. My doctor acts like it is a joke, I told him today and he said it should not be hard to stop, he simply will be more careful when he prescribes me narcotics in the future. It is more complicated than that for me. Probably most of my problem is mental, but in my opinion, mental addiction can be powerful. I can't even describe the anxiety I feel when I think about the fact that I am out of pills. I am sick to my stomach and I have a bad headache. i would appreciate advice and prayers, and positive thoughts sent my way, as I think I am in for a rough couple of weeks.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(( ayla )))

good thinking.. it's so smart of you to see the handwriting on the wall!

There is a huge post here about Vicodin withdrawal.. in the Narcotics Anonymous or Substance Abuse section of SR. Find it! You'll get a lot of information and support from that thread!

Welcome to SR!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for listening, day is going well, keeping busy helps, my kids are calm, for now and I feel a little better.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

still a little sick, getting very nervous, kids screaming, dinner to make,trying to stay calm
Old 09-12-2006, 02:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Heather

Just hang in there... Take it one minute at a time if you have to.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Ayla...glad you are hear...I posted a little over on the mom's thread... I have been clean from pills/drugs for about 3 1/2 months... I think it is great you are getting your addiction under control before it can progress.

I know it is hard and some days and you may think you are never gonna make it... but you will and you will be so much better for it. I posted alot on here when I first quit using and got alot of great advice and support... we have been there and are here for you.
Peace
~B
Old 09-12-2006, 05:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Having a headache is normal vicodin withdrawal, same with stomach problems. Hopefully that will be it for you and it won't last that long. I was taking 25+ norco a day, and I don't want to tell you what I went through because then you might expect those symptoms but it was alot worse than a headache and stomachache. Hang in there each day will get better!!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

today has been rough, but I am very strong and I can do this. i don't think i'll sleep much tonight, I have muscle cramps and this horrible headache from hell, but I know this will pass. I CAN DO THIS.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How are you doing today??
Old 09-13-2006, 09:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Take care of yourself physically, that is my best advice. A lot of water, call in favors as far as your kids etc, mac and cheese for dinner etc.

You found a good place here.

I also found that taking the kids for a walk helps. I must have worn a permanent groove in the street around my block. You can do it, I know you can.