View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ayla zaire

my first day off vicoden...HELP!!!!!

I posted my confession last night, I am officially an addict. I've been taking vicoden for a while, now I don't need it for pain, but i take it any way. I am still on a small dose, 2 pills a day, plus xanax, but I know I have a problem and I need to stop before it is out of control. I know some of you may think this is a small problem, but I can't stop. I am gradually taking more and more, and I know it will only get worse. I need support and this computer is my only link to help. I do not have a car and my husband works all of the time. My doctor acts like it is a joke, I told him today and he said it should not be hard to stop, he simply will be more careful when he prescribes me narcotics in the future. It is more complicated than that for me. Probably most of my problem is mental, but in my opinion, mental addiction can be powerful. I can't even describe the anxiety I feel when I think about the fact that I am out of pills. I am sick to my stomach and I have a bad headache. i would appreciate advice and prayers, and positive thoughts sent my way, as I think I am in for a rough couple of weeks.