Notices

Topic: What's Going On With You Today?

Old 09-07-2006, 05:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Topic: What's Going On With You Today?

Hi Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.

By the Grace of my HP and people like you
here in SR I havent had a drink of Alcohol
since 8-11-90. For that Im truely grateful.

Sometimes in recovery all we want is to
have someone listen to us. Nothing huge,
just a simple loving caring ear to listen
as we share what's going on with us
today.

We could be in a good place. Or we could
be in a trying place. Sometimes we feel
all alone and no one cares about us. All
we want is to be accepted no matter
what we've done or said in the past.

Children are off to school today and no
one to talk to? Wouldnt you just like
to open up and pour ur feelings out
onto someone who cares and asks for
nothing in return. To open up without
being critisized, scolded. Just a little
understanding and to know u r there
as a friend if u ever need one.

There are many here in SR that are like
that. They are here to listen, to care,
and understand what u r going thru,
maybe because they have been there
done that already.

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hold on Sharon...not sure you'll be able to stand the excitement...I'm cleaning my carpet! Woo hoo!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like fun, Ruby...lol I need to do that myself one day soon.... Me, im off to bag groceries at my store. I normally work till 2pm but today they only scheduled me to 12:30. So I should be home early today. Other than that....my nest has been empty for the passed 4 days which isnt long enough but im grateful for a little time alone. My spouse took all week off and spent 4 days back in Baton Rouge visiting family. He's due back today and ill have to try to survive the rest of week with him home. YIKES...! Somebody come save me...lol
Old 09-07-2006, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOL! I know the feeling. Thank God, retirement is still 20 years away! I'll be buying season passes at every golf course in the state...oh honey, it doesn't matter that there's a foot of snow..use an orange golf ball!!! Ha Ha! Ok, dirty carpet calling my name....
Old 09-07-2006, 06:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is a nice thread. I've been getting a little turned off about coming to these forums because they get me down. I worry that seeing people around me struggling so much to feel better gives me an excuse to feel sorry for myself. I think that maybe I should have some kind of a problem so people come running to rescue me from my sadness. Truth is, I've been getting through the rough spots without any pity parties. I get mad and get over it. I get sad and get over it. I feel myself starting to escalate the crazy feeling and I stop it before it's over the top.

I worried about the kids being in school because I thought I would wallow in lonliness but I'm not. I'm getting things done (and reading here).

So, no big excitement. I crave drama, but I'm beginning to like the calm now.

thanks for giving me a place to share that.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm procrastinating. I woke up early to go for a run. Instead I have the cat on my lap and I'm on the computer. At some point in the next 15 mins I need to get ready for work.
One of these days I'll exercise in the morning.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

Originally Posted by RubyT
Hold on Sharon...not sure you'll be able to stand the excitement...I'm cleaning my carpet! Woo hoo!!!
I did that the other day, accually felt good to clean.....eww did i say that?
Old 09-07-2006, 08:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm cleaning my carpet! Woo hoo!!!
Anyone know how to get out spilled candle wax. Yup, my wonderful child was moving the coffee table and it slid off. Lit. With the white candle? Oh, noooooo, it was the bright red one. But at least it didn't catch fire.

So far, the area rug is letting me live in denial.

C'est, you are doing soooooo well, I love reading your posts and comments.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

Use your Iron to heat it up and wipe it away, or dab at it after it melts some.
Then use simple green to scrub the oil mess at the bottum up.

my now 9 yr old used to like to blow out the candles around the house way to hard when she was little so i have cleaned up many.....My grandma is 86 and that is what she told me to do and it always worked.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I got the wax off, it's the die I think I'm stuck with. Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a carpet cleaning thread.

Carpet is six months old, off white. I think I'm in mourning.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

Simple green.........you can get it at any auto parts store....really it works.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm eating.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm laughing...Rose, you crack me up!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Sharon,

I felt really bored with sobriety recently, last night I went to a meeting talked about it and about an hour later a cute guy asked me on a date.

So today, I am really busy at work and looking forward to the weekend and date, excited for the first time in a really long time. Yippee!!

Love, Rose
Old 09-07-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well, so far I'm suppose to be working, but I'm on here, eating and Now I'm gonna go on a smoke break.

Smoke em if ya got em Johnny.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OnceNice
Well, so far I'm suppose to be working, but I'm on here, eating and Now I'm gonna go on a smoke break.

Smoke em if ya got em Johnny.
Hey, that sounds like me.......except i took my smoke break and now i'm eating (Shhh...another secret from my husband)

I've had two good days in a row (knock on wood). Today is day two (again) and i feel pretty good. Excited about going to a 12 step meeting out of town tonight with some friends with great sobriety...hoping that will inspire me. Oh, and we're having a new furnace installed today, we're going to start vinyl siding our house and reshingle the roof (no, we did not win the lottery.....home equity loan). That's about all the excitement i got going on today.

Cheryl
Old 09-07-2006, 11:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is a nice place to come to if someone can stir up a little excitement. : ) I too come here and see soooo many newcomers and do know they r looking for help from each of us. Anything for them to grab a hold of so they know they r not alone. But with soooo many i cant help everyone so I tried to think of a topic that would draw as many as i could to here. Kinda like when u go to a meeting and they open the floor to anyone who has something they'd like to share with the group or just as a burning deire to share about anything.

You know just cause we in recovery doesnt mean we cant have fun. I know many that do come here for their first time r looking for answers. This maybe the only place that they may have to help them stay clean and sober or work on a relationship etc.

Anyway....when i got my first nibble from Ruby this morning...i laughed and felt good as i went out the door. Just her sharing about carpet, got me out of a down mood and perked me up....she sounded like she was about to tackle a huge task today and was planning on having fun with it....lol

CARPET....fun cleaning CARPET....lol WHO HAS FUN CLEANING CARPET.??? lol

And then i get home from work and she has added GOLF...lol I LOVE to watch GOLF.... lol TOTALLY AWESOME SPORT. : )

And then C'est shared exactly what i was thinking about, coming here and reading posts about others struggling and that somehow allows me to wallow in my misery too. Not that I want to.

And then Erin poped in about running and procrastinating....I too love to jog and walk and normally wait till dusk to go. There have been a few times ive gone in the morning , but the effort it takes to get out of the house. The motivation is tough...but once im out and on me way....there's no turning back... : )

Then Krys shared about cleaning her carpet....and now Ruby doesnt have to feel alone.... lol

Strong came in with a question about spilt candle on furniture and the response from Krys hopefully helped to get the stain out....lol I had no idea how to get candle wax up because its not happened to me yet....NOW I KNOW.....Your suggestions really came in handy Krys. : )

Once is eating everyone...lol well she's probably done by now....so Once what did u eat that was good? Im hungry....lol What's for supper?

Now in jealous because Rose met a cute guy at the meeting and was asked out on a date.....Darn i wanta go out on a date....well chips and salsa and a new friend in recovery to chat with so i wouldnt be lonely here in Houston would be ok...just a friendship i dont think would be asking too much esp. since im married. : )

Rose, have a wonderful time and most of all HAVE FUN...KEEP IT SIMPLE... : )

New Hampshire....where Cheryl is ...id love to be up north for a little while to experience this time of the yr. The leaves r changing...the feel of Winter not far away....and a new furnace to keep u warm during those cold months....

All snug and cozy...." Im dreaming of a White Christmas" Come on Elvis sing it....lol oh thats not Elvis....that's Bing Crosby...."Ill have a Blue Christmas" is Elvis....lol

Now wasnt this fun....lol

I like to have fun in recovery more often. And still keep with the steps and traditions to follow.

What else is going on with you today?
Old 09-07-2006, 12:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

this day at work is lasting FOREVER. Ugh.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Starting a New Life

Im sitting here with HunnyBee relaxing.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

New Hampshire....where Cheryl is ...id love to be up north for a little while to experience this time of the yr. The leaves r changing...the feel of Winter not far away....and a new furnace to keep u warm during those cold months....
this is my favorite time of year, although it's pretty warm today but will cool down at night (50's - perfect sleeping weather) and I REFUSE to run heat this early in the season........i imagine being from Texas you're probably spoiled by the warm weather