Notices

Cold Showers Club

Old 03-17-2023, 03:17 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Pumping myself up to do my first cold shower of the day. It’s easier now, but that first burst of freezing water is always daunting.
Old 03-19-2023, 02:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

For me cold showers are a bit of a metaphor for cravings. Every time I go to have a cold shower there’s a temptation to just have a nice hot one, it’s easy and feels good. But I know that the cold shower will ultimately be better for me long term. It’s temporary discomfort for long term benefit, like riding out a craving.
Old 03-19-2023, 03:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh - that's interesting, Ronantian...I have to admit it sounds like punishment to me and I've had enough punishment over the years!
Old 03-19-2023, 04:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It’s more like sitting with discomfort for a few minutes and getting rewarded by feeling better for it. But yeah, it can be very punishing to start with. Now that I’m used to them again, it’s not much of a problem. Especially in the evening after I’ve done exercise. Definitely the right time of year to start because it will only get easier as it gets warmer.
Old 03-21-2023, 01:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Over 10 days into this, and it’s really helping my routine. Not going to be able to do 2 a day long term, but confident that I can keep doing one in the evening.