Notices

depression and anxiety

Old 01-16-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

depression and anxiety

I've delt with depression and anxiety my whole life,drinking made it a lot worse, on most days I wake up with emptiness feeling in my stomach. I'm only on day 2 of being sober, I know there's a long road ahead of me which I'm facing head on. I've never had stable relationships because of my drinking and I have found my self staying friends with people I don't like and they don't seem to like or respect me either. Most of the people I've dated or been friends with are addicts that are still using. I recently blocked a number (a girl who I think just wanted a friend and someone to bring down with her) that was on Sunday and I'm still shaken up about it. She was trying to reconnect with me yet was completely rude to me. I wish I was never even friends with her at any point, I feel that way about a lot of people. There's no question here just needed somewhere to vent
Old 01-16-2014, 09:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Y
Old 01-17-2014, 12:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Samantha. I've found that breaking free of negative people and influences, has been a great help. I also have anxiety and depression and stopping drinking has helped beyond belief.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My anxiety had become almost unbearable before I stopped drinking. Then I quit, but was in the midst of extreme and unavoidable stress. Depression completely took over.

I'm still sober, but taking cipralex. It has helped enormously with the deep depression and the residual anxiety.

Some of this can be withdrawl related. Be honest with your doctor.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Randummy

That's understandable. When I quit drugs, I cut a lot of people out of my life and that was a positive thing even if it didn't feel like it at some points! I'm detoxing from alcohol and it's horrid but you will come out the other side. I have a lot of regrets too; things I've done whilst high or drunk, but we need to cut ourselves some slack. There is nothing you can do about the past so it's time to move forward.