Notices

New here-looks promising

Old 02-06-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here-looks promising

Hi there,
I just discovered this website and I must say I am feeling optimistic about the benefits of seeking support, something I have not been able to do because of my overwhelming social anxiety.
To give you all an idea about my concerns,I am a 22 year old college student suffering with GAD, ADHD and alcoholism. It's a hell of a l lot for anyone...as a matter of fact, its too much. I can't deal with it all alone,I need some support. I do not have any though, and I do not have any friends. I had a social crew that I had to let go of the day I decided to stop drinking,as that really is all they do.
I suffer severe panic attacks. I drank to ease my anxiety, and it did help. But then I wake up, crippled with anxiety caused from the humiliation and guilt I immediately feel upon remembering my binder.
I am currently prescribed lexapro and buspirone. I don't know if they work. I guess I feel pretty bad when I dont take them so they must do something...but I never really feel happy, or at peace.
My thoughts are always racing, my palms always sweaty. And I am always alone, I feel trapped, angry and confused. I have made the decision to stop drinking completely, entirely, not even a drop. I'm hoping this will help me feel better. I need to feel better.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you too anxious to attend an AA meeting or something like that?
Old 02-08-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this. Have you discussed with your dr how you are feeling? Do you see anyone about the anxiety? AA meetings are wonderful to help with the alcoholism and you can even do online ones.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome to SR. if you don't have face to face support there, you can definitely depend on SR to be here for you. if you can get to an AA meeting, it may help with the anxiety once you get past the initial hurdle. I suffer from anxiety as well..but the meetings have helped me once I pushed myself in there.

Wishing you all the best!
Old 02-09-2014, 12:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have bad anxiety so for a long time I would go to. Meetings and not speak at all it took a long time to build up the courage to speak but just listening to others was always helpful
Old 02-13-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How are you feeling, Aira?
Old 02-22-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Randummy

Hey Aira,

How are you getting on?