Notices

Zoloft Withdrawal Symptoms....

Old 04-12-2007, 12:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

right on steve....i will look forward to hearing about it. i am on zoloft because i am a manic depressant... i sure hope it helps. i have only been on it going on weeek 2. but i do feel a difference.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Dear Katwomankc & I'mready99,

I pray that you continue to maintain good mental health with the use of medicines such as Zoloft & I hope you attain wholeness, in every area of your lives,

God Bless,
Old 04-17-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Good morning all...

I went to my Doctor's yesterday and she upped my dosage to 100mg...

I hope it helps as I have been feeling edgey the last couple weeks...

I'll let you all know how it goes...

Have a clean and sober day everybody.

Steve

Old 04-17-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dear I'mready99,
I hope that the higher dose of Zoloft stops making you feel
edgey, my dear friend....
I have been feeling very edgy & nervous lately, from over a week of ceasing Zoloft, but things are improving for me & I don't feel so bad tonight compared to last night when I was literally climbing the walls....
God Bless you, I'mready99.....
Old 04-17-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Thank you Simon...

I hope the higher dosage helps also...

My wife and daughter have noticed a positive change in me since I have been on Zoloft...

I don't want to let them down like I have so many times in the past...

I hope you continue to mentally improve with each passing day...

Steve

Old 04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Well

Hello,
I have been on 200mg of zoloft for a 1 1/2 years. I dodn't know how I would have survived without it. However, I just moved to CA from AZ and I now have no perscription coverage. I went five days without taking it and felt to ill. Headaches extreme nausia and lathargic. So far I have been able to walk myself through any onset of anxiety. So I went to the pharmacy to get my refill and figured since it was for the generic I could just pay for it. Wrong it was $160.00. There is no way for me to come up with this money. I bought 10 pills. This was the day before yesterday. I took 100mg right away, and 100 more yesterday. Today I took 50mg. I have a little nausia, but overall I don't feel to bad. I will try to taper off. There's not muh more for me to do with only 7 1/2 pills left.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluenena View Post
Hello,
I have been on 200mg of zoloft for a 1 1/2 years. I dodn't know how I would have survived without it. However, I just moved to CA from AZ and I now have no perscription coverage. I went five days without taking it and felt to ill. Headaches extreme nausia and lathargic. So far I have been able to walk myself through any onset of anxiety. So I went to the pharmacy to get my refill and figured since it was for the generic I could just pay for it. Wrong it was $160.00. There is no way for me to come up with this money. I bought 10 pills. This was the day before yesterday. I took 100mg right away, and 100 more yesterday. Today I took 50mg. I have a little nausia, but overall I don't feel to bad. I will try to taper off. There's not muh more for me to do with only 7 1/2 pills left.
Dear Bluenena,

My heart goes out you, my friend, & I am so thankful that I live over here, in my homeland of Australia, because I depend upon on a lot of medications to keep me alive.......
If I had to pay the full price for the large amounts of medication I have been prescribed for the many life-threatening disabilities I suffer from, I wouldn't be able to afford to pay for them...
I suffer from high blood pressure, PseudoHypoParathyroidism, Asthma & various forms of severe mental illness as well....
I am on a Disability Support Pension because, at present I am unable to work, although I am trying to improve my health through exercise, a healthy diet & vitamin & mineral supplements, in the hope that one day, I can get back into the workforce again...
Over here in Australia, the government has put into place a medical system which enables those who are unemployed or on disability pensions to buy medication at a relatively low cost....
I would have to be able to find a job that payed at least $30,000 Australian Dollars a year, to be better off financially than I am on disability, because if I was working I would have to pay full price for my meds.....
For example if my memory serves me correctly, the Anti-Psychotic which I have been prescribed for Paranoid Psychosis, would cost me approximately $300.00 a box, if I was working.....

I will say a prayer for you today, Bluenena & remember, everyone of us who post on this board are your extended family & we are all here for you....
I find it helps me, personally, to keep posting on the mental illness forums here at Sober & Recovery, for it is my experience that you will only find loving & supportive people with beautiful hearts here on the anxiety forum....
Sober & Recovery is a life-line to me as sometimes the only people who can understand the living Hell you are going through at the present time, are those who have shared your suffering & pain in the past, or are still going through this nightmare at present....

Life can only get better for you, Bluenena, as there's always a light at the end of the tunnel....

God Bless.....

Last edited by Spacecat; 04-19-2007 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Grammatical Error....
Old 04-20-2007, 08:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Well

Wink Thank you

Dear Spacecat,

Thank you for your kind words. I continue to feel quite well. I am very blessed that so far I am successfully tapering off of the Zoloft. I wish I had known it would be so hard to get off of when I started taking it. Although I don't think it would have made a difference I would have taken it anyway.
I suffer from cronic depression, social anxiety disorder, and a panic disorder.
I am at a point in my life that I feel like I can do without meds. However I would pay whatever I had to or move back to AZ (where gov. medical asst. is better) if I had to. I have 3 small childen who depend on me and thus depend on my mental health. Thank you for your prayers and I will remember you in mine as well.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Good morning Bluenena...

I'm glad you are coping with your situation...

I have been taking Zoloft since November and it has been a Godsend for my life...

I suffer from anxiety, depression and OCD (skin picking). My doctor started me on 50mg and last week increased my dosage to 100mg...

It has improved my life tremendously. The only thing is I still pick, mostly my thumbs. Not as much as before, but some. I can live with that...

My main concern was my anxiety (panic attacks) and depression which has become almost non-existent. My wife has noticed my improvement which means the world to me. I was not the easiest person to live with...

Best of luck to you...

My thoughts and prayers are with you...

Stay Strong and Positive for yourself and your children...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 04-21-2007, 05:07 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Yo spacecat, going off Zoloft or any anti depressant cold turkey is a bad idea... my shrink put me on Effectzor 38.5 mg when I was going off it and now I'm on Effectzor 75mg and I got off the Zoloft fine, and I was on it for a year! *and I'm still messed up btw all*