Notices

A question about PAWS

Old 07-30-2006, 08:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

I never considered myself as one who was suffering from PAWS, but for as far as the symptoms running in cycles, I relapsed at 33 days and at 62. Coincidence? You decide.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

What's your gender? (jk!)

Symptoms
While PMS may occur in young women, it generally is first recognized when women are between the ages of 25 and 35 years old.

There have been more than 150 different symptoms attributed to PMS.

PMS varies greatly from woman to woman. This often makes its diagnosis quite difficult. The pattern often varies from woman to woman, but also from month to month, year to year and decade to decade.

The most common symptoms of PMS are: Anxiety, mood swings, irritability, nervous tension, headaches, craving for sweets, increased appetite, pounding or racing of the heart, fatigue, dizziness or fainting, weight gain (often in the week to two weeks prior to the onset of menstruation), swelling of hands, feet or legs, breast tenderness or swelling, abdominal bloating and swelling, depression, forgetfulness, crying confusion and insomnia. PMS may manifest itself as physical, mental, emotional or even spiritual symptoms.

Some of the less obvious symptoms of PMS are: Child abuse, spousal abuse, self-injury or mutilation, alcoholism, illicit drug use and abuse, anxiety or panic attacks, depression, migraine headaches, sexual addiction, personality changes (the Ms. Jekyll and Ms. Hyde Syndrome), asthma, acne, bladder infections, yeast infections, compulsive eating or binging which often leads to bulimia or purging. There are literally dozens more just as important.

http://www.well-net.com/PMS/PMSfactsheet-1.html
Old 07-30-2006, 09:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

Don...PMS? What if I were a male? PMS gets blamed for everything.

Honestly, I really don't have any opinions on this. It could be very coincidental. I thought I'd throw it out there.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I was kidding; I realized I don't even know your gender. Of course, men are victims of PMS, too....
(ducks and runs for cover)
Old 07-31-2006, 01:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
alconaut

Wink

Originally Posted by Don S
Of course, men are victims of PMS, too....
Ya think?
Old 07-31-2006, 01:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
alconaut

Oh..... never mind - I took that in the literal sense, lol. There are some cranky, whiny, moody men on this planet.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:57 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
alconaut

Hey Muse - after quitting drinking, I lapsed once at 30 days, and twice at 6 months after quitting smoking.

Coincidence? Lol.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Paused

Sounds like symptoms of PMS for sure Autumn.

I'm crushed Don. I have been here at SR for over 2 years now and you still don't know what gender I am? You have a 50/50 chance of guessing it right.

:andy: