Notices

Advice - Relationship

Old 06-23-2006, 03:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I agree that relationships in recovery can be difficult, early recovery even harder. I can only say that in early recovery many times we change. Not only do we change but, sometimes our expectations change also. I'm not saying in your case but, some of us while drinking settle for less. 'm not sure how to go about it in your case but, I'd suggest you put sobriety at the top of your list. let these other things just take their own course. Sometimes when i wasn't sure what to do, the best thing was to do nothing. Just try not to connect your sobriety to any of these relationships. Sobriety needs it's own foundation that will help it stand with or without a relationship. The one thing you have going for you is sobriety. You'll find yourself more attractive to others without the alcohol baggage. It's still early, slow down. Don W
Old 06-24-2006, 05:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If you have a solid foundation with girl number one it can't hurt to resume what you had. The second girl, given lack of history, might be better to hold off on... however, we all travel different journies... as long as you are not using these women as a means to distract you from doing what you need to do and as long as you are honest with them, then I don't see the problem.

I know why AAers think you should wait, but I don't subscribe to a lot of their views on life... the steps have merit, some of the 'extras' that have evolved with it are questionable IMO... remember, it is for you to choose and for you alone to live with that choice... no one else can tell you what to do as you are the one that has to live your life.

Peace Levi
Old 12-28-2006, 06:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

I have little to no idea what to say about anything regarding a relationship in sobriety. I can barely tie my shoes some days, so it seems insane to even think about boys.

BUT-that's me, y'know? So if you wanna try, then try, just make sure your side of the street is clean. My first sponsor told me that I could tell the truth at any time without worrying about the other person as long as my truth was real, meaning motives and all. I don't know if that helps, but it sure helped me.

Good luck, kiddo, be good to yourself and tell the truth!