Notices

exchanging compulsions

Old 05-15-2006, 07:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I washed the dishes, got 3 loads of laundry done, and took my dog for a walk so I suppose I must feel better.
The smell of washing drying mingled with 'wet dog' works for me every time!

It does sound like you've had a productive start to the day and - yep I reckon chalking another day up booze free is worth a smile too! But you know even on the days you've sat in front of the computer, it may not be so good for you or give you the lift of getting stuff done - BUT it's far far away from a GOOD reason to start hating yourself.

I'm glad you almost smiled - perhaps I should have thrown in that I don't BBQ kittens either?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Ange

It doesn't have to be so hard...when you were going to AA you sounded so much happier, serene, hopeful, happy...just an observation. The difference is startling.

Love
Cathy31
x
Old 05-15-2006, 07:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Maybe. I don't think it was so good for my marriage though. It was taking a lot of time and it had the side effect of me talking about "that" too much which made things a little weird. Plus I thought I would follow through with my plan to have a casual drink now and then with my husband to keep things "normal". The problem is that I still feel like I need to drink during the day (and I do sometimes). I'm trying to walk on the edge of the fence.

btw Eq the kitties put me over - I smiled~! even laughed. Thanks
Old 05-16-2006, 02:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Today's a new day and I feel different. Maybe one more alcohol free day helped and maybe I'm just continuing my rollercoaster ride of life. I'll be down again soon I'm sure. But today I feel good. I've been reading a lot here and I'm making a list of things that people say that hit home. One was in the "Biker" section (of all places for me to be reading) and it gave me hope that ALL my compulsive desires will diminish as I recover from the death grip of alcohol. Yep that's how I'm looking at it now.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:11 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Winelover I am really glad Equus put a smile on your face, hard not to smile at that! You would have to be in the total depths .... now you have put a huge smile on my face. I think it was Equus who said it, "YOU ROCK".

Go girl!

love Brigid