Notices

Just want to post

Old 04-25-2006, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just want to post

Hello all! I have been in and out of here daily since the last time I posted (four days ago). Just felt like posting and maybe give an update. My life is still in a mess, I know I am a lil depressed and not were I want to be but, I havent been drinking. Dont even want a beer for some strange reason. I have read others post and I see the struggle they are going through to stop. Some even seam quite silly but I realize that everyone goes through their own difficult situations and I am sure to them it seams to be a mountain and to others just a speed bump. I wish them all well none the less. I know the struggle of trying to not drink. I look back and see how I let alcohol be such a big part of my life for alot of years and realize I let it control me. I am not saying I wont have a beer again. But I do know that I am not going to let beer be my escape any longer. I have been offered so many beers in the past four days by the same two friends that you think they would get it. Prolly seams kind of strange to them considering I would always say I never turn down free beer. Anyways, I hope we all make it down that road we choose to travel and go slow and easy over those speed bumps. Take care friends.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update.

I'm trying to get my drinking under control and it's hard. Unfortunately the cravings never go away for me no matter what the circumstances.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you again Will....
Old 04-25-2006, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Gary, I read your post on struggling to stay sober. I wish I could help you as far as the cravings. I dont know why I am not having the cravings. I do know the feeling cause I have had it before. Something has just really hit me recently that is making me feel I have no need for beer.I have a feeling of wanting more out of life than to come home looking forward to that drink to take me away from my problems. It never did anyways, just created one more problem. My problems were still there and I was too busy being drunk instead of finding a solution to them. I think being drunk maybe made it to were I didnt give a damn about what problems I had, prolly even felt like I deserved them. I am still going through some very hard times in my life and I hope now I can see clearly enough to make it better. I wish you the best Gary and I know you will eventually make it. Take care and keep posting, I feel alot of people in here care about helping others and I think its great.
Old 04-26-2006, 04:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BitSizeDayz

HI Will good to see you doing well and keep it up I've read in and out the gruop that as long as you thinking AA/Sobrity you will stay sober so to me no post is a waste.
KISS ODAAT.