Notices

I'm desperate for help!!!

Old 03-29-2006, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down I'm desperate for help!!!

Oh man... I did it now!!! I was 40 days sober.. doing it on my own. Last Fri. I relapsed...bad!!! I checked myself into the hospital for help. They released me on Monday dual diagnosing me with chronic depression and alcohol abuse. I suppose to start an outpatient program with a local hospital but when I got home I found out that my children's father has now gone to court and gotten a temporary custody order of my children. I decided after talking to family that I needed to go into an inpatient program.. at least 30 days.

Well, I understand the kids being gone but now my landlord wants me out of the apartment and my neighbors are chastising me nonstop.. calling me a piece of sh** and unfit mother and I hope you never see your kids again. I've been trying for the past 2 days to get a place to go. I can't do outpatient because I have no place to live otherwise. All the inpatient programs in my area and surrounding are full and won't take me because my insurance doesn't cover it.

I'm desperate. I want to get help so bad. I want to work on getting better so I can at least be a mother to my 3 kids. I have exhausted every resource I can come up with to find a place to go. I don't know what to do. I have a matter of days to get out of my apt. and get help or I will be another one of the many who wind up homeless and lost. The government really needs to help those who want help. I was told if I had been arrested for some reason that they would put me in. But since I'm voluntary... no luck. That
is so messed up!!! Any advice out there????? My daughter wants to come home to me but I told her that Mommy needs to do this and you need to be good for Daddy.

What do I do!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fighter4life. Hang on. I'm not the best at helping others, since I'm not quite there myself but there are plenty of people on here who have some good things to say. It takes awhile for responses so wait Okay.,

I'll pray for you. You've so much on your plate. For now just breath until someone else can help you and stick around okay. It does take a while for responses. I learned that.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Oncenice... I'm hanging on. I can hear my neighbors in my apt. bldg. talking about me. I have to go to court tomorrow re: my kids. I need something... soon. Thank you for your response. God Bless you and thank you for your prayers.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Fighter,
Is there anything in your area called a Transition House? My brother was in a similar situation and couldnt get into a full rehab but was able to go to the out patient while living in the transition or sober house. The rent is usually quite low and often includes room and board, and you are just not allowed to drink.

Also, sometimes just by calling more places you find your miracle, thats how it worked for us. He actually ended up going to a place a few hundred miles away so maybe opening up your area search a bit might also help.

My thoughts are with you and I hope you find the right place soon.
Hang in there and hopefully someone else will be along with better ideas....
Old 03-29-2006, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living and Loving.

Fighter4life hang in there and focus on you. I am proud of you for telling your daughter that you need to get better. Kids really need to hear the truth in appropriate ways when we as adults are faced with dealing with hard things.

My thoughts and prayers are with you too.

Suga
Old 03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Salvation Army offers free help to addicts.

http://www.google.ca/local?hl=en&lr=...local&ct=title

This gives you lots of options for the Salvation Army in your city. I hope it helps.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You will have to be served a formal eviction notice and it will give you a firm date. Have you been served that?

I agree with Anna...call the Sally.

Get to an AA meeting and share...we understand and a member there might have local info.

Blessings...
Old 03-29-2006, 07:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have not been served a formal notice. My ex-b/f said if I go into treatment he will take care of all my stuff and put it into storage and pay for it for me. I thought that was pretty generous. I've been trying like hell.... on the phone non-stop for the past 2 days to get accepted into a place. No luck. I'm thinking now..... even though I won't be able to see my kids for a few months... of going to FL to my parents house and seeking treatment there under their care. I've talked with them and they are more than willing. I don't know what else to do. I don't want to leave my kids but a few months is better than the rest of my life. I just want to fix me so badly so I can be a positive part of their life again. I love and miss them so much and I do not want to go into another phsyc ward... Holy crap!!! That was terrible. Any advice on that would be very appreciated.

God Bless all of you and thank you for your responses!!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

One possible band aid solution is to seek assistance from an emergency shelter for women. They will often provide homes to women in your situation. Not sure what else is out there. I assume you are in the states, I am not so I don't know.

T.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Prayers being sent your way...

Check into the Salvation Army. However, it's suppose to go; it will. Just when you are ready to give up hope, something will happen...it always does. Perhaps your HP really wants to see how hard you're willing to work for this. Sounds like you want it. Don't worry about this dual diagnosis crap right now. Focus on the alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant and chances are when you're off that and recovering..you won't be depressed. Right now, you're right...the focus is on getting you better. Sounds like despite the situations going on in your life; you have a whole bunch of people that love and care for you.

Good luck,
Jen
Old 03-30-2006, 04:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

If you believe in a Higher Power, pray about this. Ask for help and guidance. The answer will come!!

I think if going to FL is an option in getting help then do that. You would be surrounded by people who love you and want you to get better. Time away from the kids would be tough. But the quality of the time you will have with them will make up for it!!

Praying you find your way!!
Missy

P.S. Yep, those psych wards do suck!!