Notices

This is some info that might help someone.

Old 03-14-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is some info that might help someone.

Don't fall in this trap like I did and his guy. This is just one story dosn't mean it could heppen to another person who takes benzs after coming off alcohol. But I really believe it prolonged my recovery.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/corey.htm
Old 03-14-2006, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There are people who are maniac depressive and those who are schziphrenic who need medication to function. I think seeking medical advice for those who have a problem drinking is wise. It is important to see a Doctor who is educated and schooled in addiction, most Doctors aren't. I don't think most garden variety alcoholics/problem drinkers need to see a Psychiatrist, by and large they are lousy are helping you talk out your problems. If you want professional mental health help and are a garden variety alcoholic your best bet is a Psychologist (schooled in addictions) or a therapist (Masters of Social Work, schooled in addiction) are your best bets.

If you are very heavy drunk &/or drug user you may need medical supervision during the early part of your drying out process.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RUNVS
Don't fall in this trap like I did and his guy. This is just one story dosn't mean it could heppen to another person who takes benzs after coming off alcohol. But I really believe it prolonged my recovery.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/corey.htm
Heres an update on Corey's story he just emailed me today.
"I am fine now, took awhile though. It took about 3 years before I was completely symptom free."

Corey