Notices

Question for those who have been sober a while

Old 03-03-2006, 01:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
BitSizeDayz

Look quike history I stop for three years no program or suport.Stared again and the funny thing is the 1st day i drunk normal 3beers 5whisky and went home .In bed that night i thuoght i had the Alchol bug bit the next day was the start of my downward spiralwhich lasted 10years and now i'm 4years sober with AA and i'm truely happy.
The answer NO you can never drink normal!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:20 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by garsh
Did any of you quit drinking with the thought that maybe one day you could drink again moderately, like a "normal" person? I quit drinking 28 days ago, and went into this not really knowing if I can ever drink again. Sometimes I think I could some day, but then sometimes I feel like I'm just kidding myself and can never drink "normally."

I'd love some personal experiences for those who want to share. Thanks
Congradulations on 28 days sober. Could be a great title for a movie. Wait...... too late. Sandra Bullock already did it. Can you ever drink again normally? Actually a fairly common question for many of us when we first get sober. And for some others, there is no question about it. We are done. Just curious, why did you quit drinking? Was alcohol causing problems in your life? If you get sober and life starts to get better. You begin to clean up the wreckage that drinking had brought into your life. Slowly, the fog lifts. Why would you want to risk throwing it away? I really see no difference between this and say someone who gets cancer from smoking. They go through Chemotherapy. Perhaps lose a lung. But, they recover. Now that they have recovered from the cancer tobacco gave them, they decide to try and smoke again without getting cancer. Why? Sorry, makes no sense to me. Now, I'm just assuming if your here and posting with 28 days sober, perhaps drinking has caused some problems in your life? Drink again normally? Why take the risk? As time goes on and you begin to grow in your recovery, chances are you will miss drinking less and less until one day you will no longer have the desire to drink. You will realize you dont need it. I would wish you luck, but recovery from drugs and or alcohol has nothing to do with luck. It has everything to do with a lot of hard work. But, it's so worth it.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
BitSizeDayz

T2S those words are so true and its good to here a different take on the matter.That is very good for 12stepping new or relitively new people.