Notices

I'm New. Still Buzzed? Scared!! Help!!

Old 01-07-2003, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry I'm New. Still Buzzed? Scared!! Help!!

Well, I went on a serious binge over the last day. I feel so embarassed and completely non functional. As a matter of fact, I think I might still be buzzed. I want to quit drinking so badly, but I am petrified of the withdrawels. I can't afford to take the time off of work to go to a detox center so I have to self detox at home, but I am afraid. I guess I am just looking for some support. How can I handle the withdrawels at home? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-07-2003, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Home Detox

Hi Enjo4,

I understand what you are going through. I have done it myself on several occasions.
Because of the danger of home detox, I can only suggest that you get in touch
with your personal physician. If a detox facility is out of the question, it is my
feeling that your doctor is the next best option.

I wish you well and I hope you come back and share with us again. We need you.

Take care.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ENJO4,

I second recoverings post. Most Doctors
are very capable of helping you. You do however
need to go in and be honest with him or her.
If you do that, you will find them very caring and capable in assisting you. Keep posting.

Blessings,
Vince
Old 01-07-2003, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Enjo,

Have to 'third' Recovering's post. The honesty is a real biggie, it's very important. What I found is a whole new world of help, caring and understanding opened up for me when I finally asked for help.

Let us know how you are doing!

Love

DolphinBlue
Old 01-08-2003, 11:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi. I'm RudiD, an alcoholic. But for the grace of God and a benefit of the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous I have not yet had a drink today and for that I am truly grateful. I can't say it enough.

My physician(s) had for years pointed out that I needed to quit drinking. I also had some medications that supposedly did not mix well with alcohol, but worked fine if other stuff (weed, coke, hash, assorted pills) were thrown into the mix! A lot they knew!!

Eventually I could not make three continuous days to work. Didn't mean much, anyhow, because what I earned either went to buy drinks or I lost it while buying drinks and stuff.

So I begged the powers that be at work for help and they shipped me off to a rehab (their insurance plan paid for it and paid me base wages for the duration) and that was the best decision - the detox facility, I mean. They know the routine.

Going through detox is the worst experience I have ever been through. I am glad professionals were there to see me thru it. They saw to it I did not hurt myself, expedited the appropriate follow up and give me a chance to stay sober. I never want to go through that again, no Siree! The thought turns me off a drink.

I know I could not have made it alone. You don't have to be alone

Thank you all for helping me stay sober today.