Notices

Disgusted!

Old 12-06-2005, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Disgusted!

I was doing great, not having drank since Oct 14, but yesterday I just got the idea in me that I had kicked the disease and could safely drink again. Well 6 beers later I passed out on the couch, and I am so hungover today that I had to take the day off work.

What have I learned? Well, I guess I know now what the little voice inside of me will say.

Ugh, I'm going back to sleep.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Galumphus!

Don't be disgusted with yourself just brush yourself off and jump back abored!
I'm sorry that this disease fooled you. I can't tell you how many times I have thought about using cause I think I am well! Then I think about the very last time I used and almost lost everything. I don't want to go back to that life or that person! Do you have a sponsor?

I hope you feel better soon so you can begin this amazing journey of recovery again!

Hugs & Laughter
GRUMPY
Old 12-06-2005, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Galumphus

Maybe this is your last hangover yes?
Old 12-06-2005, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just get your butt back on the wagon...
:e14k
Feeling good is one of those emotions that i have to be wary of in my sobriety.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

We all kept drinking until we learned how to stay quit.

AA is where I learned that.

Blessings...
Old 12-06-2005, 11:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ah, that little voice in our head sure has a way of convincing us. After some 20 years I still hear the little devil every now and then. I have gotten so good at shooting it down, putting it into place it very rarely will speak up. It had fooled me so many other times that it forgets it just can't do it any more. You see, I use to hear it calling to me, "Just one drink, it will do you good." But I could never have just the one drink for it was so slick it would convince me "Maybe just one more." Then it was always too late. I woke one day to feeling rotten like so many other times and made the mental note that I would not do this to myself any more and I will not do this to my children ever again. So, when Alky (the burr has a name) speaks I quickly remind myself of how I always wake in the night and can't get a good nights sleep. How rotten I will feel the next day. hAnd how nothing will taste good (oh how I love my food.) That's usually enough to get Alky to quit. If not then I remind myself of how out of control I can get. Or some of the embarrassing things Alky has let me do while he was in control.

Keep in mind I have been working with Alky for some time and I've got him pegged!

I know this doesn't work for everyone (AH) but I am glad I have more than one voice speaking to me.

Stay in there!

Merry Christmas!