Notices

quiting today

Old 11-28-2005, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

quiting today

i am 15, i have been drinking for about a year, i also tried using marijuana to keep me from drinking but thats just dumb, it actually worked for about a month or so, but than started again, and ive been caught by my parents countless times and am ready to give it up, my family has been so effected because of my problem, they dont have any trust in me, and i need some help, so i turned here,
Old 11-28-2005, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

good to quit when you are are ahead. MAke friends that also don't drink. Play sports and participate in school/church functions. this will help you make clean friends. Your parents are proud of you I'm sure, but they will be even more proud of you to make this very smart adult decision. Be a kid while you can be a kid.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

So good to see you look for help! That is the best thing that you can do for yourself. Would you be able to get to any AA meetings? I agree with hotwingeatter, this is a very adult move on your part, one many of us would like to have done ourselves at your age. Great stuff!

keep reading and posting,

love brigid
Old 11-28-2005, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

they do have a Young Peoples AA
call intergroup in "here"
i started drinking at 16
now 39 years later
i got 10 years in AA
but
those other 29 years were a bummer
pot, too, is a gateway drug
to other drugs

best
fraankie
Old 11-28-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Brandon and welcome!
What courage you have to realize you need to do something about your drinking. You will find a lot of support here. I also invite you to join the teen site at www.sober-teens.com where other teens are faced with what your going through and can offer additional support. All the best to you!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Brandon welcome to the forum, I respect your ability to recognize that you need to stop drinking and doping. Being an alcoholic/drug addict is so not cool.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

well made it one day
Old 11-28-2005, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Brandon
Welcome
Congrats on Day 1
So glad you are reaching out for support, most of us find that together we can kick our addictions in the butt.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Originally Posted by brandon28
well made it one day
yeah!!!! great stuff, keep posting.

My daughter had a party here and all the teenagers in the area heard and came, there was so much alcohol it was scary. It was so upsetting for me to see a whole heap of alcoholic behaviour in young people. I could just picture the problems that these kids would live through, really upsetting.

On the other hand there are young people like you who do recognise the problem, that is great. stay strong with this, it is definitely worth it.

love brigid
Old 11-29-2005, 02:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brandon28
well made it one day
Good, now let's try for two......
Old 11-29-2005, 09:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

yeah today was pretty easy,,, just gotta try and keep myself busy
Old 11-29-2005, 10:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

Congrats Brandon!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Brandon,
Others recognized in me that I had a serious drinking problem. I started drinking when I was 15 and at AA when I was 16. Finally sunk in to me at 17 that if I were going to live I HAD to quit drinking. Haven't had a drink since...still go to AA...over 14 years later...

You can do it...one day at a time. Keep it up.
Jen
Old 11-30-2005, 08:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

That's awesome Brandon--like Chy said, check out the sober teens web site. This is a great place which you'll find a lot of support, but I can't stress enough how important face to face meetings are. It's really important to start finding friends that share in the same lifestyle that you do so you can help each other out. Before I came to AA, my relationships/friendships were based on lies and distrust. Now, I have the best friends that I could ever imagine having and we have a lot of fun--all without drinking or getting high. I'm actually doing more now than I ever was using. It's so cool!

Congrats again on your decision! And that trust can be rebuilt in your family once you start making the right choices and doing the next right thing one day at a time. It's definitely not a lost cause!

Danielle
Old 11-30-2005, 05:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

yeah day 3, today sucked, i had many moodswings like one minute i felt great and then the next i felt just plain sh***y, but yeah sober as can be

Last edited by Peter; 11-30-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Chy

Way to go brandon! Your going to go through a lot of physical and emotional changes. The emotional rollercoaster I call it. Stay real busy, eat healthy, no hot cheeto's and coke for lunch! *LOL*, and get some rest. It's a slow process so be very patient with yourself, and no matter what just don't drink.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

umm, today went great, i feel perfect and energized, no mood swings or anything, but i really dont have an appeitite lately, i havent eaten anything today and dont feel hingry at all, yesterday i only ate half a burrito, i know i should be starving but i am not, but i do have a cold, so maybe its that, but yeah, to be honest i am not craving alcohol, i have been craving those double shot energy drinks for some reason, i dont even like coffee much, but yeah, is it normal to have a loss of appetite when quiting??
Old 12-01-2005, 05:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

ok now i am scared!! i just weighed myself and it turns out that i lost 7 pounds scince Monday (the day i quit) , i weigh 132, i weighed 139, is this normal?!?
Old 12-01-2005, 08:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

I am not sure if it is normal, but you have a few chemical changes happening in your body right now. Go see your doctor and have a check up.

No doubt your appetite will come back soon. Yogurt is a great food, for everyone, but particularly for people who are physically not well.

love brigid