Notices

sad

Old 10-18-2005, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sad

I dont know what made me search this I guess to find that there are names we hear of everyday also suffer from the horrible ordeal http://www.nndb.com/org/637/000063448/
Even though I have come to post more latly I still feel alone like no one knows what it's like. I dont know why just bugs me sometimes.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

I can assure you your not alone. Many on that list have found their own solution and are sober today. You keep posting okay? We do care and hear you. *hugs*
Old 10-18-2005, 09:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you Chy that really means alot...

I have been thinking alot latly I am suppoed to go visit a friend of mine in Fl in a month or so and we are going to go out a here a few dj's. Which I am excited about. However I am so scared that temptation will be there to drink. He said something about getting a few fews and I brushed it off b/c know one knows. I feel stong now I feel very stong about my post and my post to other members. I dont want to fail, and it's a scary thought. Alcohol is something I never want to have run my life again.
Feels so good to be sober and actully know whats going on. Wow breathe of fresh air. Say a prayer for me please. thanks for hearing me =)
Old 10-18-2005, 09:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Listen to your fears okay? It will keep you from confronting that temptation. If you go make sure you have a safe way out should you start bugging. Take your own car or have enough for a cab. Your sobriety isn't worth a few hours of anxiety, temptation and uncertainty. I had to stay away from those type of places for a realllllly long time. Give it some thought okay?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

very good advise.. I dont need the anxiety thats for sure thats a whole other subject =P
Old 10-18-2005, 09:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

I think we all worry that we'll have a slip up but we're smarter now than we were before we came here and got sober aren't we? Even if we did make that mistake and take that first drink, we KNOW we have a choice the next day.

You're not alone in these thoughts of yours. I think we all have the 'what ifs' sometimes. Is there a reason you can't tell your friend about your alcoholism? Sometimes it helps you just to get things off your chest. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers tonight Little MissBliss. Good night.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey missbliss, I am waiting for that day, not far off, when I get invited to the inlaws and the apertifs are offered.

Up to now, it's been an institution for us all to have a gin, and me just about control myself not to down it. This time, I have to resist altogether, but also this time, I shall be making a post on here about the impending visit just so you nice people can give me the courage I need to say 'no thanks', and let me deal with the looks of surprise on the host's face!

Am I going to be questioned? I don't know. I have some strategies lined up - taking a new tablet that precludes alcohol etc. etc.

Good luck with your trip. Keep a voice in your head that justs says 'no thank you, not just now'.

Phillips
Old 10-19-2005, 04:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi MissBliss,

It also helps me to hear of others who are out there in the public eye dealing with this disease. It especially helped me to become aware of women out there who were fighting alcoholism, because I think there is such a stigma. I believe one of the things that will help to reduce this stigma is when people who are well-known and living a good life, go on the record as being alcoholics or living with mental illness. Oprah and Larry King have both helped to get the message across and I hope it continues.

As the others have said, listen to yourself regarding your visit with your friend and be prepared.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Coming out of my shell

Originally Posted by Phillips
Up to now, it's been an institution for us all to have a gin, and me just about control myself not to down it. This time, I have to resist altogether, but also this time, I shall be making a post on here about the impending visit just so you nice people can give me the courage I need to say 'no thanks', and let me deal with the looks of surprise on the host's face!

Just take the drink, go straight to the bathroom, dump out gin and replace with water. It's gin, noone will know!
Old 10-20-2005, 05:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks Miss Bliss for that link. Nice to know we're in such good company isn't it?
Old 10-20-2005, 08:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I suppose