Notices

Want to change

Old 10-19-2005, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Want to change

it has been a long time since i posted, i have gone from bad to worse and back again; i really need and want to stop; i have come to realize that i have been feeling really sorry for myself lately and have lost respect for self and others; i really do want to change this distructive behavior; for the first time in a long time i got up this morning and poured out all the alcohol i had; i have a lot of good things in my life but have been concentrating on all the bad, i need to let go of the past - stop worrying about the future and work on me just for today every day; i need to work on the pain and get through to the other side; i need to find me again, i need to let my hp in and stop listening to the demon alcohol;
Old 10-19-2005, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You already have the desire.......all you need now is to back it up with action.......
Old 10-19-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you know your heading.. ;o)

just gotta do the footwork now...

the journey is worth it.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Welcome back pistol it's nice to see you again. Great start, good luck!
Cathy31
x
Old 10-19-2005, 08:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by pistol
i have a lot of good things in my life but have been concentrating on all the bad, i need to let go of the past - stop worrying about the future and work on me just for today every day; ;
Yes that is alot of it is how we will take that negative and run with it cause it is familar ground for us...So we have to be taught to do things different...

Love Vic
Old 10-19-2005, 10:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you all for you encouragement; indeed i need to walk the walk, i have been on this downhill spiral for a couple of years now and recently received a big blow that i have only talked with a couple of people about, i haven't even talked to my significant other about; big problem of stuffing and trying to work through things on my own, i am going to talk to him tonight about some things that i have been stuffing and hope that will make a new start; i am tired of feeling so isolated and i have to take steps to change
Old 10-19-2005, 04:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back.....
Old 10-19-2005, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Pistol
Get back on that horse! You CAN do this. Enough with the self pity - take action, be responsible, take your life back!!
JMHS
Old 10-19-2005, 05:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Glad you made it back, Pistol. So many don't.

So, what is your plan? You know the saying, "Failure to plan is planning to fail." For me it was treatment, meetings, sponsor, steps, prayer, service, etc. So far it is working just fine!

Hang in there......

Hugs--
Old 10-21-2005, 07:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

the plan is to get honest about all the stuffing of things; i had a talk Wednesday night with my significant other and am continuing to get honest about many things that have been eating away at me; i tend to wait until the little things get so big i explode and i have been using alcohol to cope; i had gotten to the point that i didn't want to come home after work because i didn't want to deal with things, things at home need to change and that starts with me; i am using a self hynosis program that is helping a lot in my becoming self aware and being able to look at myself and my drinking in a different light
Old 10-21-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome back pistol!

Try finding a means of support that works for you to. Live support is a blessing.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

((((Pistol)))))
welcome back!!!!!
for me...when i try to be perfect.....i go backwards.....i gotta go with the flow...baby steps
one at a time
don't be too hard on yourself
hugs, Wendy
Old 10-22-2005, 07:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thanks for being there, in time i will find my way out of the darkness, right now there is still some darkness but it isn't as dark as it has been in the past, baby steps work for me