Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Well...day 0...hopefully tommorrow will be better...

Notices

Well...day 0...hopefully tommorrow will be better...

Old 08-09-2005, 07:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A Brand New Day

total failure

Didn't make it.....most of you can check my new thread on the Womens site. Damn it!!!!!! Only because I'm so pissed off) .....I'll prbly be there soon....That is jusst what I need right now.....No body to blame but myself.......

K
Old 08-09-2005, 07:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Darlaw...well I guess I can only say just dont be hard on yourself...I have been trying to stop drinking for years now...well mostly when I got into the major binges...the week long ones, but anyways...it is hard!!! so dont give up and dont be hard on yourself. Please let me know how things are going!! I am thinking of you!
Old 08-09-2005, 07:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Darlaw,
Please don't give up. I know that feeling of falling down, but when we get back up, we are so much stronger. This was another battle wound, but it will be full of overcoming. You can do this and keep the faith and hope alive. Life is great and each sober day is a blessing for us.
Keep trying!

Hugs,
Angel
Old 08-10-2005, 10:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well...end of day 3...made it!!. had to work again today so at least I was able to keep busy...and helping others always seems to help keep my mind off the issues in my life....feeling pretty good today....Darlaw - how are things going for you?...hopefully you are feeling better! anyways let us know, k?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
vitalsixthsense

There are 51 pages in the big book devoted to Step One. I did not read it for almost 3 years in AA so I stayed miserable. Once I read and accepted all of it, I started to have the first spiritual awakening. That I am an alcoholic, and I am never going to be able to drink safely so I need spiritual help. I had a hard time with that for a while. I thought that there was some kind of AA ferry that would wave a wand for me and I would recover. There are only 2 alternatives for me: go on the the bitter end, or accept spiritual help. I thought I could wait and get it in meetings by osmosis. What I was doing was setting myself up for a fall.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Decided to jump in here since I'm on day 2 now and it definitely helps to have some support! I've tried to quit several times, and have gone for a few months at a time to be stupid enough to fall into the "Christmas Season spirit" trap. Not this time! I'm reading Under the Influence and it's a great read! My dh is on day 9 and he's doing great! I felt like I was just barely sleeping last night, but woke up feeling better than I would after my night of "fun" (fun???...not really!) My dh says his sleeping is getting much better now so that's helpful to hear!!

Good luck everyone....WE can do IT!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Fraidy!! You will find lots of support here, I sure have. Definately join us in this post!...I am going to use it to keep posted as to how I am doing, kind of like checking in...it keeps me focused, hopefully it will help you too!!..Anyways, yes you can do this ans congratulations on 2 days!! It is so hard in the beginning..but it does get better!! As you probably read I made it to 1 month and then had a slip, but I was feeling soooo much better in the second couple of weeks...so...I at least I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel...anyways keep us posted as to how you are doing and best wishes!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 09:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daisy12326
Welcome to SR Fraidy!! You will find lots of support here, I sure have. Definately join us in this post!...I am going to use it to keep posted as to how I am doing, kind of like checking in...it keeps me focused, hopefully it will help you too!!..Anyways, yes you can do this ans congratulations on 2 days!! It is so hard in the beginning..but it does get better!! As you probably read I made it to 1 month and then had a slip, but I was feeling soooo much better in the second couple of weeks...so...I at least I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel...anyways keep us posted as to how you are doing and best wishes!!!
Thanks Congrats to you on 4 days of sobriety. It is difficult, but I do know that it gets better with each passing day. Last year when I quit for over 3 months I was feeling great, then went to a Xmas party and blew it. This year I will just avoid the parties if I feel I need to. Thanks for the support...I will continue to check back in, esp. this evening when I'm bound to have headaches That too will pass though over time...I just need to keep telling myself that. I am glad that I have support in the home as well!

Everyone stay strong...we can't beat this disease!