Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Well...day 0...hopefully tommorrow will be better...

Notices

Old 08-07-2005, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, I messed up again....day 0. I dont know why I cant do this...hopefully tommorrow I will be stronger...I know I can do this, I dont know why I keep giving in to it. Anyways, thats all.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Brand New Day

I am with you!!

My day 1 turned out to be 0 also! We will keep trying...We have to. Hang in there. I'm with you on this journey. I'll try again to pick myself up and focus on hour to hour (hell minute to minute if I must). I'm thinking of you...We musn't beat ourselves up. We are going to make and I think we are taking the first steps????

K

Old 08-07-2005, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks darlaw, yeah I guess the fact that we are here is a step in the right direction. It's so hard though...I made it 32 days and now this...it sucked me right back in again, well I guess we have to just keep trying...thanks so much and my thoughts are with you also. We can do this...right?...tomorrow is a new day...I guess we can just take it from there.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A Brand New Day

Yes, we can & will do this!!!! I am not going to give up and need you there with me. I to went 30+ days a few months ago and slipped. Your 32 days was a success!!! Don't forget that - remember that as we move forward. We both know we can do it. It SUX that we've been sucked back iin. But I know in my heart we are not the 1st to keep picking ourselves up and moving into the next day and forward!!!! We'll go together??

Tomorrow is new...........

K.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks again...yeah we will do this together!....it always helps to have someone with you...tomorrow will be day 1 right?...all we can do is try! I want to do this...I seriously hate feeling like this...hard on myself and stuff...I dont even like drinking anymore...there is nothing fun about it...except that it takes me away from reality...but when I am sober, reality seems so much better...does that make sense?....anyways..tomorrow is a new day....day 1...right?
Old 08-07-2005, 12:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Brand New Day

Yep..tomorrow will be our day 1!!! I know exactly where you are - the feelings of hopelessness, hating ourselves, but we have to keep going toward recovery and sobriety. We will go together......Lets hang on!!!

K

Hugs & kisses
Old 08-07-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hugs and Prayers zinging out to both of you!

Recovery is so worth the effort!
Old 08-07-2005, 05:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MikDQwik

don't mean to crash the party, but I right there with you. If I bruised myself every time I slipped the last nine months, I'd be in physical therapy! Hell, I'd have abs of steel from picking myself up each time!

This is one hell of a fight...one probably as hard as any we have or will confront in life. I finally realize on this latest attempt (3 weeks now) that it is minute to minute. The booze will ALWAYS be in my face...client socials, friend socials...it is unavoidable, unless I want to hide. I tried hiding too, and I ended up drinking alone again.

So, the short of it is, if it is ok, I would like to join you in sharing my support for you.

I would rather have a few people at my side walking through the desert, than go at it alone like i did all the other times.

Mik
Old 08-07-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

mik - thank you so much for your support and of course please join us!...everyone wellcome!!!....we cant do this alone right?....I will try my best to make a new start tomorrow....and I wish you all the best!!!
darlaw - please keep me posted as to how you are doing....I am not starting tomorrow off that well but hopefully things will get better....
Old 08-07-2005, 07:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Daisy and Darlow, you can do it!!!! I believe in you and I will be here with you every step of the way. I am on day 3 now after I fell but I just got right back up. Just because you fall down doesn't mean that you stay down. I am right here with you both. My hand is extended.......
Hang in there!!

Love,
Angel
Old 08-08-2005, 03:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks AngelHugs!.congrats on day 3!..so far so good on day one for me!....no major cravings as of yet...I can do this!...again..

Thanks Carol for the continued support!!! Everyone here is so supportive!!! It really helps alot!!!

Darlaw - How are you doing today?

Mik - How are things with you?...oh and congrats on 3 weeks!!!

Old 08-08-2005, 03:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome back Daisy!
Welcome to Darlaw and Mik as well.
I use AA as my method of recovery,so far its working for me. I wish you all the best.
Bless, Trish
Old 08-08-2005, 04:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A Brand New Day

So far....

Hey everyone, I'm here. Doing good so far today!!! Headed out to walk. Way to go to all of us!!!! Thinking of you all & thanks SO much for the encourgement!! I needed it.

K
Old 08-08-2005, 04:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Daisy and darlaw -- take it one day at a time. Forget about yesterday, and don't worry about tomorrow.

I would suggest a program of recovery, AA is my program of choice and it helps me to live sober.

If I stack my will power up against alcoholism, alcoholism wins every time. I need a program of action to be sober... As always, please feel free to PM me if you have any questions on AA.

Wishing you both the best of luck!

Ken
Old 08-08-2005, 06:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Ken and Miracle, yeah I am trying to get to meetings when I can, there is only 1 a day here and they are in the evening, I work alot of evening shifts so it's kind of hard but I make it when I can. Thanks for the support!! It really does help to know there is so much of it here!! You guys are all awesome!!!

Darlaw, glad to hear things are going well so far....day 1 almost done!!! we will just keep going day by day...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:48 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
MikDQwik

Day by Day, that is the only way (really didnt mean to ryhme that)

It actually does get easier with each passing day. Just be good to yourself, and try to understand what really makes you drink. If you say depression, then understand what made you depressed. There is an answer. Once you find it, it can get much easier.

3 weeks and 5 days for me!

Mik
Old 08-08-2005, 10:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

I believe it's good to have a quit buddy to start, only based upon my experience. It seemed like there was a group of us who all PM'd eachother and we posted together. Some have gone, some are still here. I dont know if they know how much I appreciated thier efforts to quit b/c it helped me get over that early hump. To those who began with me and are beginning again, I still appreciate your efforts, I'm rooting for y'all!* We can all do it together, tomorrow is still day 1 for us even after a couple months

*(sorry, my Northern "y'all" ain't been the same since I left Atlanta LOL)
Old 08-09-2005, 04:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks 2tough2die, yeah it seems a little better this time...I guess my relapse was short enough that it didn't totally get me back into things....I dont feel any of the withdrawal effects that I did last time (thank goodness)...although it may change once I can make it past 32 days....I guess we will see...thanks for the advice...I also think that it helps to have others around who are going through similar experiences..and who understand...this forum has been awesome for that!.....
Mik - congrats on almost 4 weeks!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 06:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
A Brand New Day

Moving Forward

Made it through the night!! Some discomfort this morning..but I'll focus. Spent last night reading some books I'd picked up on this alcohol 'ism' thing. Very useful to me so far. Just trying to take today and make it. Not worry about tomorrow (not even thinking about this afternoon yet!!).

Thanks to all of you. SO MUCH

Daisy/MikD - - - hang in there. Have a wonderful TODAY.

NoMo -- Agree, need to find a recovery program that I can work with. Now that I see some avenues I'll start that also.

Thinking of you all.....

K

Old 08-09-2005, 03:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Darlaw - glad to hear things are going well so far....keep us posted!!!
Not so bad for me today..a little on the grumpy side but nothing major..had to work, but it kept my mind occupied...anyways, take care and have a good evening!!
Mik- hope things are going well!!
Thanks everyone else for your support!!